Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Old Fave OPI Hearts and Tarts

Hello gentle readers.

Ever buy a polish that becomes a staple in your collection? A polish that, no matter the day, time of year, circumstances is pretty, appropriate and easy to apply, quick to dry and versatile, as well?

For me, that polish is OPI Hearts and Tarts from a collection that was released in 2007 or 2008. This milky, slightly pink toned beige sheer jelly with a beautiful hot pink flash shimmer works on freshly shortened nubbins, is beautiful on long nails, makes a fabulous all over colour for a French or American style manicure. I have even used this polish on days when I had two minutes to get out the door and realized that my existing polish looked like garbage but I didn't have the time to do a full on polish job. I can remove the old polish, grab Hearts and Tarts, slop on one coat, let it dry for one minute, grab my keys and run out the door. My nails look softly shiny and neat until I can get home and polish them properly.

I am on my second bottle of this polish and am beginning to think about bottle number three. Yep. I like this polish that much.

I had to file my nails down, again and was craving something soft and pale and delicate on my nails so I grabbed Hearts and Tarts. This is two coats topped with Seche Vite. It isn't streaky. Those are my demon ridges.


 These photos taken in the evening under my OttLight.

Just look at that shimmer! It is so delicate yet so beautiful You should see it in the sun. :D

OPI Hearts and Tarts is a beautiful polish with a stunning formula. This polish applies like a dream, being neither too thick or too thin, it flows softly off that fabulous Pro Wide brush onto the nail, sits sweetly where it is placed and softly mounds, making the nails look rounded and curved and squishy. This polish doesn't streak or drag, it never runs or floods my cuticles or bubbles. I think I picked up my cleanup brush once, doing this manicure. Hearts and Tarts dries fast and it is, for a sheer jelly quite long lived. I wore this for two days, then did nail art and wore it another two and it still looked nearly flawless when I took it off.

OPI Hearts and Tarts is, if I am not mistaken part of their core collection. It is pretty easy to find. I see it when I am cruising Amazon for polish, all the time and I have seen it at Ulta, too.

Do you own this beautiful polish? Do you have a go to, never fail, easy to apply and wear polish that you reach for again and again? One that you have to replace, now and again, you use it and love it so much? Please share, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

18 comments:

  1. I've never seen this one.  It's so pretty and delicate.  Perfect for that manicured look without too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude-three bottles of this?  Not even gonna say what I'm thinking-I bet you can guess!!  I'm sure you wouldn't like my fave polish either-brown of course!  But it is always good to have a staple polish.  I don't think I've EVER finished one bottle of polish.  I have a couple half bottles but not emptied entirely. So for that, I'm impressed!  How do I delete a disqus comment that put my entire name on it instead of Fingers???????  It's freakin me out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know. But I just loves it. :D 

    To delete a comment in Disqus look to the left under the comment, you will see Moderate. Click that and a box will come up giving you the option to edit the comment and you can delete the offending part of the comment or the entire thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the things I like about this polish. It is so easy and polished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really pretty! It's beautiful by itself, but I'm sure it looks amazing layered over darker polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, in all the time I have had this polish and to many times I have worn it, I have never layered it. I will have to try that. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  7. My version would be OPI Give Me the Moon. But I hear this one calling me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried Give Me the Moon. I'll have to about that one, some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love iridescents! This one is really pretty!! ^.^ 

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous shimmer!! Have you ever tried it over another color?

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I haven't. Can you believe that? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. So do I. 

    ReplyDelete
  13.  You would like it very much, I should think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's now on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got my third bottle yesterday, it's my fav polish for my hands all the time. It's subtle, girly and looks like healthy nails. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it a great polish? I know that I can count on it, anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you noticed that some bottles look more biege and some look more pink. Somehow I "lost" (daughter may have taken) my biege-looking one. Got another and it is definitely more pink. Will be beautiful either way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That doesn't surprise me, polish formulas tend too change a bit, over time. OPI changed Princesses Rule! rather drastically. I have noticed that Hearts and Tarts looks a bit different from bottle to bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D