Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Manicure of the Moment: China Glaze High Maintenance

Hello gentle readers.

How's your week going? Mine? Eh... It's okay, I guess. The husband person is on vacay this week and I am having to adjust to his presence in my face during the day when he should be out. Gone. At work. Out from under foot. I have been married long enough that absence makes the heart grow content. :P

The forest service really needs to get that frakking fire out. Soon. My poor eyes, lungs, nose and throat are all burning. I am miserable and over it. It is so dry here and it has been warm and windy and it has made fighting the fire extremely difficult. Urgh! I'm dying, here.

But my nails look kinda fabulous.

Today I am wearing China Glaze High Maintenance. A stunning blood red jelly. Anyone who has been reading here for any length of time knows that I am on the hunt for my HG red jelly. Could this be it? Maybe. It just shot to the top of my short list, that is for damned sure. China Glaze High Maintenance is a rich, deep blue red. This polish is squishy and juicy, intensely pigmented and is easy to get opaque in two coats. One of my HG criteria, by the way. I am wearing two coats, topped with Seche Vite.

These photographs were shot in the sun. They don't show this polish true to hue. This stuff is deeper, cooler, richer than my camera was able to convey. The poor old thing has trouble with certain colours and tones and it washes out red. If you own this, you know what I am talking about.






China Glaze High Maintenance has a formula to go gaga over. Thick enough to behave almost impeccably yet smooth, silky and fluid enough to just whisper up your nails after it sits right down where it is placed. I didn't have much cleanup but what I did, I had thanks to being over caffeinated and under fed. lol I found that this likes to be applied in thicker coats, as thin coats tend to drag and stick. Thick coats do result in a little bit of bubbling, of course but Seche Vite killed them, on contact so no big deal. Dry time is pretty good.  Not stellar, but it didn't keep me sitting around twiddling my thumbs all day long. This polish is mad shiny, topped with Seche Vite is is like polished glass. Just scrumptious.

Yep. Love this. Immensely. Rawr!

Do you own this beautiful red polish? Love it as much as I do? If not this one, do you have a red that you absolutely adore? Please do tell.

Thank you for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you. I feel the same way. Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one hot red! It certainly is gorgeous against your skin tone. I think I might actually need it. Planning a trip to Sally's this week, so onto my (long!) lemming list it goes. And that really is awful about the fires where you are. It is such a health hazard, even indoors with the windows shut and the A/C on; I hope they can a handle on it quickly. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the NYC red I posted the other day. Only juicier! I love it!! ^.^ I feel your pain, I'm going to have a husband around ALL WEEK next week while he's on vacation. I'm gonna have to make up a long list of chores or something for him to keep him from bugging me! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week is driving me a little crazy. I don't dislike the guy, or anything but he is seriously damaging my routine. lol Just a few more days. I get rid of him on Tuesday and I can get back on schedule. lol 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this polish. I am still wearing it, in fact. :D 

    Happily, the forest service seems to be getting a handle on that dreadful fire, at last. And it seems that they caught the asshat who started it so ysy! them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! My favorite jelly reds are Chanel Pirate (I know it's pricey, but I got it as a gift and it's perfect!) and Revlon Colorstay - Velvet Rope (much more affordable!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D