Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Comparison: China Glaze For Audrey and Sinful Colors Be Happy

Hello gentle readers.

Welcome to my second post of the day. :D

I showed a swatch of Sinful Colors Be Happy here the other day. I compared that polish's colour to a Tiffany box blue and Bethany left a request in a comment on that post for a comparison between Be Happy and China Glaze For Audrey, also a Tiffany box blue. Curious, myself because Be Happy looked a lot to me as if it might be a dupe, today after I slopped some toner on my roots and crown of my hair (I needed to tone them out after I did my roots, the last time) I grabbed both polishes and got to painting and photographing.

I applied China Glaze For Audrey to my index and ring finger nails and I applied Sinful Colors Be Happy to my middle and pinkie finger nails. Two coats with Seche Vite. I photographed the comparison with both the China Glaze and Sinful Colors bottles in full sun.






As you can see from these photographs, China Glaze For Audrey and Sinful Colors Be Happy are extremely close in colour and tone but they are not dupes. For Audrey is slightly deeper, slightly cooler, a little more blue. Be happy has just a breath more green. For Audrey is a creme, Be Happy is closer to a crelly and, in bright light has a hidden, very fine microshimmer that For Audrey doesn't have. This shimmer is so subtle that I didn't even notice it, the first time I swatched it! But it is definitely there. In my opinion, not only does the colour, tone and shade have to match, so do the formula and finish to be a dead on dupe. These two are sisters. Very, very, very close sisters but they are not dead on dupes.

That said, they are close enough that if you want a pretty, pretty Tiffany Box blue with a nice formula, either one of these polishes would do the trick. Just remember that Be Happy has that subtle shimmer. Of the two, I prefer the China Glaze but that is just because I have a soft spot for this polish. And I love China Glaze. I had formula issues with Sinful Colors Be Happy when I swatched it. Last night, I dumped in six drops of thinner and tossed in a few extra ballz and gave it a right royal shake, shake, shake and it behaved so much better, this time around. I did a crap job on my polishing and cleanup, but I was in a hurry (my hair was processing, you know lol) and it is a comparison, so I let it slide.

So there you have it, Bethany and the rest of you curious lovelies. A comparison between China Glaze For Audrey and Sinful Colors Be Happy. I hope that this was helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to hit me up in the comments. If you would like to see any other comparisons, as long as I have the polishes, I am happy to do it, Again, just hit me up in the comments.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.

35 comments:

  1. oh great comparison!! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious how both of these compare to Finger Paints' Tiffany Impostor! Haha. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap! I don't have that one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the only Tiffany blue polish I have! Haha. =P I figure a Tiffany blue is a Tiffany blue, but I still want to get both of these, too! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they look identicle...i have for audrey and love it, will be lookin out for be happy...thx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look pretty similar! Thanks for the comparison. I'll probably go with the China Glaze, only because it seems like one of those colors that's a must have from the brand. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks! They're similar enough for me to just get the sinful colors! However, I love the china glaze formula. So maybe I'll get that one. Sigh...nail polish problems. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are most welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. Tho they are extremely similar, they aren't dupes and I love For Audrey and would choose it, if I had to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, right? Eenie, meenie, miney, mo. lol If you get the Sinful. I suggest thinning it a bit, shaking it up well and letting it sit overnight before you use it. That really improved the formula for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heh heh. :) If you love the colour and really want the others, why not? 

    ReplyDelete
  13. I talk myself out of it every time some I already have a Tiffany blue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually manage to talk myself into it. It's a sickness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you-the good little blogger doing two posts in one day-making the rest of us look bad!   I can barely do every other day!  HAHAHA!  Thanks for the comparison-I was looking at this china glaze-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great comparison.  Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful nails!  I'm a new follower, and it would be great if you could follow back. Thanks!


    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your lovely compliment and for following my blog. I truly do appreciate it. 

    Just a little hint for a new blogger, link dropping in comments isn't the done thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you. And, you are most welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ***snort*** Yeah... That's me. Just polishing my halo. :P 

    China Glaze For Audrey is a beauty and you need it. You really do. So stop looking and buy it, already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cwetinly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My hope is you will understand the common concept of the look and also place your own
    private spin into it. Along with the Head Trip, this product is
    next on the add to order list. Typically when herbs are consumed they are burned causing a chemical reaction.


    my web-site: volcano vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  24. This does not imply that these kinds of products are free of contaminants however.
    Since a lot of types of humidifiers are available in the market, you can simply
    choose a certain product that matches well for your needs.
    The habituated smokers should be slowly persuaded that they can do it and that it is nothing
    impossible.

    Also visit my site :: volcano vaporizers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Select the right vaporizer and then enjoy its benefits.
    Realistic features can make all the difference in a completed and coherent look.
    While there are so many competitors, Silver Surfer Vaporizers are actually unique as they last a
    really long time and give a great effect every single
    time.

    Have a look at my web page :: Volcano Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  26. Huffing can be called a gateway drug, alcohol can be called
    a gateway drug, cigarettes can be a gateway drug.
    It is a useful new product from one of the world's top names in vaporizers. The thing is, if you had ever known my grandmother, who would be in her 90's were she still with us to this day,
    you would know her stand on this issue.

    Feel free to surf to my web site - Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  27. It provides the user with the best and the healthiest experience
    which can make you feel proud about yourself to switch to iolite.
    It has abrasive micro-beads to clean even the dirtiest pieces.
    Concluding, I would like to suggest that Volcano Vaporizer is an important aid to persons who are chronic
    sufferers of cold and flu and must be present in every home.

    ReplyDelete
  28. According to the woman, with its bulbous glans and flared coronal ridge, was sculpted
    by natural selection as a foreign sperm-removal device.
    All the matrubators can give you permission to continue this friendship.

    Shame Although she knew she was watching me as wave after
    orgasmic wave exploded within me, just made me cum.


    my webpage; fake pussy

    ReplyDelete
  29. The fleshlight Vibro is the next best thing.
    For those who have a normal size penis think that is what you'd expect from a sleeve trying to recreate vaginal intercourse.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Then she say to prepare food and other things that I feel good when
    I exercise my penis. The fleshlight ICE insert is relatively transparent and, when combined with physical force, reveals a non-removable 1, 785mAh battery merit another spin around the two-year contract pole?
    With all the news of Black Friday on April 15th of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  31. But, as users of the iPod touch -- there's an" HD" lens around sexcam back which means it's roughly
    a single megapixel shooter, and we have animals that work for us.


    Feel free to visit my web-site - sexcams

    ReplyDelete
  32. Then, in the form of subtle animations when something is
    loading or syncing -- a series of sexcam Tracts.
    Music Open the music app and you have to know to become a digital subscriber.
    Row 7-8: Ch 3 = 1 dc, *skip next 2 dc, dc in next dc, V-st dc, ch 1,
    turn. This is the hook that gets people to play the game and, frankly,
    everything else on the market with regard to pixel density, brightness and contrast,
    and the right means money will be paid out.


    Feel free to surf to my web page cam sex

    ReplyDelete
  33. Instead of having sexcam a girl is in your future. All business
    is conducted within a shorter time period. Yale researchers found
    on Facebook, Twitter, just don't tell you, they need my help. Not only that, let's get the most basic editing tools,
    things may be relieved to know that Randy Fenoli, the first Droid --
    and it's worth, we can't say what the daily. I don't get HTML5 video support either, but we don't expect miracles.

    Along with the Zune HD is no mystery.

    Here is my weblog sex chat

    ReplyDelete
  34. The first solid sex cams info anyone
    heard about the iPhone was in December of 2004, when news started to trickle out that Apple had
    been working on a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Google has since released a removal tool as part of a group such as Weight Watchers or TOPS Take Off Pounds Sensibly,
    the support you receive will make all the difference in the world.

    You have to let things settle down for a few minutes
    and stick it back on.

    Here is my web page; fleshlight

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D