Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sinful Colors Zeus: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

My new camera... The one that I am dating? It is frustrating the living bejabbers out of me. I am still trying to figure out how to make it make the crisp, clean, sharply focused shots I want. *sigh* Crazy. It is driving me crazy. So far, I am not happy. At this point, I want to return it. But I will soldier on and keep trying.

For a while. I still have some time in which I can return it.

In the meantime, here is a swatch of another Sinful Colors Cast Away polish. Named for that greatest of all Greek gods, is Zeus; a beautiful, slightly dusty purple crelly infused with a lovely magenta microshimmer. How much pretty can you stand, I ask you? This polish is rich and shiny. I love the colour and that shimmah.

This is two coats with top coat. Shot in my light box.



This is another of my early craptastic right hand shots. The tension, the squished look is palpable and uncomfortable. I need to work on that. 

The formula on this polish is pretty fantastic. Smooth and silky and easy-peasy to work with. Even painting it with my left hand (I am very right handed) this polish applied so easily, it just sat sweetly down where I wanted it to. I had very little cleanup and there was no dragging, streaking, pooling on my cuticles or trying to make a run for it. Zeus dried quickly and didn't bubble. 

If you love purple, if you love shimmer, if you love a great formula, you would probably love Sinful Colors Zeus. I bought my bottle at my local Walgreen's and last time I was in there, I saw the display and it had polishes on it so you should be able to find this beauty, with a little looking. 

I am off. I have stuff to do and a camera to wrestle with and a migraine to endure. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

14 comments:

  1. This is the only one of the collection that I nabbed!  I love it sooooo  much.

    Feel better hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one... even bought a backup bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I always like blues with reddish shimmer, they make my heart go pitter-pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shimmer! I should go pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ".....The one that I am dating?"  OMG Ice Queen, you gave me a laugh that I sorely needed. Thank you!  Oh, and the polish is nice, too. ;)
    Zeus is very aptly named. He's calling me. Very loudly. Like the Sirens in the Odyssey. I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome. :D

    This is pretty stuff and you should get it. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shimmer, too. It peeks and shines. Lovely! Go get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. You love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10.  I just snagged the last one at my Walgreen's! Going to do my nails tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered this polish online last week. Now that I've seen your swatches, I really can't wait for it to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude-I found with my new camera that if I had my hand too close, the pics were always blurry.  So now I hold my hand at arms length and then I crop it up close and personal.  Maybe that will help????  Thanks for the laugh with your under the rock comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D