Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sinful Colors Pandora: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Buckle your seatbelts, kids. I am a-showin' you another brown polish.

Calm down. This isn't going to be come a habit.

I don't think...

Anywhoozles, here be the gently shimmering, warm terracotta toned Pandora from the Cast Away Collection. Now, I am going to admit, straight up that I purchased this polish because I had to acquire the entire Cast Away Collection. It's how I roll, you know. If I can get my hands on an entire collection and I can afford it, it is coming home with me. Expensive? Yep. Sick? Probably. Acceptable in the nail community? Absobloomin'lutely. You all get the drive to buy insane amounts of polish. I am safe among you.

And I bought it because I like the name. Seriously. Pandora is one of those amazingly fabulous names that just capture your imagination and makes you dream a little dream. The shimmer in this polish is a little dreamy. In indoor light it is a hidden, subtle magenta flash. In sun, it fires and dances on the nails in tiny multicoloured splendor.

It's brown. And I don't hate it. Here is a brown-toned polish that doesn't give me lobster claws. It is oddly flattering and... I... Kinda like it.

Imagine that. This is two coats and top coat. Look at that shimmah! It's subtle but beautiful. And shiny!?!?




Sinful Colors Pandora has a splendiferous formula. Thick but not of the gloopy persuasion and flows so easily off the (sadly) badly trimmed brush to settle sweetly down where it is placed. This polish doesn't drag or pool, it won't run or streak or bubble. Dry time is really respectable, especially with a quick dry top coat.

I am a bit dismayed to see the quality of Sinful Colors brushes continue to degrade. Low price doesn't have to equate low quality but if Revlon, who owns Sinful doesn't get their act together, this lovely brand is going to go down the tubes and that would be a low down dirty shame.

Okay. I suppose that I have been slopping around long enough on this entry and should get it posted. I keep getting sidetracked and it is going to be Christmas before I publish it, at this rate. :P

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble.

15 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty on you!!  Sorry about the brush, but I'm glad the formula was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana (nails 'n at)April 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

    ooohhh. I love that color! I may have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way about nail polish collections! I figure, if I am getting 4 of them, I might as well bring home to whole set!! A bit obsessive, yes, but very satisfying in some odd way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revlon owns Sinful Colors?  I didn't know that.  I agree with you on the brushes but a bit more because I won't buy any more Sinful Colors because of the brushes and because I've had a few that have stained my nails a lot.  Pretty color though, makes me re-think my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a little staining on some of the really pigmented blues but I have that with other brands, as well. I hope that they don't let the brushes get any worse. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayyep. :D Precisely how I feel about it. I figure that in th elong run, I save money. How, I have yet to suss out but I'll get it, eventually. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you love it, you should get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. 

    So am I.

    Me to. 

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I rubbing off on you??????  You can show as many browns as you want! I won't get upset!!! I am loving this one bigtime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love pandora on you and I must have it now, aww man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should check out CND's old line Cuppa Joe. A beautiful cool silvery brown that started me on my neutral trek. Misa's Chocolate Icing was my first 'brown', and while it's a gorgeous shade it's really a dark, shimmery red, not chocolate. Color Club has some beauties too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At first glance, I didn't think I was going to like this. But, it's pretty on  - sort of sweet potato colored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet potato. I like that description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, hey! No enabling on the brown, now! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't think that this would bother you even one little bit, you brown fan, you. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D