Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sinful Colors Athens: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Snow. In April. It's just a dusting but still, it is snow. In Spring. Yuk.

To cheer myself up, I am going to show you a pretty Spring polish. Sinful Colors Athens is a teal green creme; this polish is shiny and rich and a very flattering colour.

This swatch is two coats and top coat.




Sinful Colors Athens has a decent enough formula; it is thick but not gloopy but this polish needs to be handled with a bit of care. Athens is easy to control and will sit sweetly down where it is placed but the consistency is just weird enough that the wand and back of the brush must be cleaned off very well or the polish will gather and fall off in glops and plops. So, be careful. This polish, (if you scrape and clean well ;)) applies smoothly with no streaking or dragging or pooling. Dry time is pretty good and it doesn't bubble or get weird in any way.

Caution: This polish will stain. Be sure to use a good quality base coat, I would suggest two coats and when you are removing this polish, be sure to soak it for a few seconds with your remover then pull it straight off the ends of your nails. If you scrub this back and forth and get the diluted polish all over your skin, the pigment will grab and stain a bit. I was slightly teal-Smurfy after this swatch until I washed my hands a couple of times. A little care makes this lovely polish well worth the wearing.

Sinful Colors Athens is part of the Cast Away Collection for Spring, I bought mine at my local Walgreen's. If you are enamored of this pretty polish, you should be able to find it where Sinful is sold in your area.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading my natterings. Have yourselves a wonderful rest of your weekend and may your polish never bubble. <3

19 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty spring color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I never get tired of colors like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither do I. Which surprises me because just a few years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead with a polish like this on my nails. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it, tho? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I think so, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Believe it or not, I'm jealous of your snowy spring! Down here in Houston it is hot hot hot and I do not like it! We always want what we can't have, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right about that. lol In the middle of Summer I am whining about wanting it to cool off and as soon as the frost hits, I am crying and moaning for Summer, again. I am just too hard to please, I guess. Happily, the snow is all gone now. It's supposed to clear up and be lovely and warm, starting the first of the week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to Walgreens in a while, but I'm thinking I need to make a special trip! I love this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, I love the whole collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that wаs odd. I just wrote an ѵery long commеnt but
    after I сlickeԁ submit my commеnt didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
    that over agаіn. Anyωays, јust
    wanted tο say ѕuperb blog!

    my web pagе :: zulutrade
    Also see my site:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Тhеrе. I fоunԁ yοuг blog thе usage of msn.
    Thаt іѕ an еxtгemely well ωrittеn
    artіclе. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog -
    My webpage -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today, I wеnt to thе beachfront with my сhilԁren.

    I found a sеa shell аnd gave it to my 4 yеar old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She put the shell to hеr ear and screamed.
    There was а hermit сrab inside anԁ it ρinched
    her ear. She never wants to go back! LоL I know this is completely οff toρiс but I had to tell
    someone!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: http://www.forexbroker.info
    Also visit my page :

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hаve reaԁ sο many articles on thе toρiс of thе
    blоggeг loverѕ but thіs article is reаllу a fastiԁіous рaragгaph,
    kеeρ іt up.

    Feel fгee to vіsit my wеb pаgе: pikavippi
    Feel free to visit my homepage :: pikavippi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for some other informative web site.
    Where else may just I get that kind of info written
    in such a perfect method? I've a project that I am just now running on, and I've
    been at the look out for such information.

    Here is my web blog - qga
    Feel free to visit my web page uyk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this site. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own blog now ;)

    My site: grow twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello everyone, it's my first visit at this website, and article is actually fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these types of content.

    Check out my webpage instagram follwers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D