Saturday, April 28, 2012

Loreal Tweet Me: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a swatch of Loreal Tweet Me, a bright, lemon yellow jelly packed with micro flakies that flash gold, yellow and rose gold. Tweet Me is so bright and happy and just pure sunshine on the brightest, sparkling clear day. Did I mention that this is a jelly? The fact that this is a jelly is lovely because it is smooth and silky and squishy and super shiny. Unfortunately, this polish is very jelly and not too highly pigmented and to get it to the degree of opacity I did took four fairly thick coats. I would definitely top this with Seche Vite to speed the dry process when I wear this as a mani, tho I went top coat-less for this swatch.




Is this not pretty? Doesn't it make you want a tall, icy lemonade or a box of Lemonheads or to swallow Tweety Bird? (Am I the only one who finds Tweety Bird insanely annoying and roots for Sylvester?)

The formula on Loreal Tweet Me is nice. Application is easy and smooth with little cleanup. Because this jelly is so poorly pigmented, to get it opaque, I had to apply four thick coats. Not usually something I like to do but this one applied so easily that it wasn't that big a deal. I will definitely wear this as a manicure. Dry time is decent. It would be even better with quick dry top coat.

I like the brush that comes with this brand. I like it a lot. Loreal uses a brush that is quite similar to the OPI Pro Wide brush. It is a tad less wide and thick and the bristles are a little more stiff than the OPI brush. It applies polish so nicely and makes my wide brush loving heart pitter pat with happiness. Loreal Tweet Me should be available wherever you find Loreal polishes. Try your local drugstores and big box retailers.

What say you about this bright lemon drop on your nails polish? Like it? No thank you? Please share.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

14 comments:

  1. I think I'll skip it and wear a bright yellow t-shirt instead.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a beautiful yellow! It is just too bad that it's so sheer, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! But four thick coats makes me not want to get it. I'm with you, Tweety Bird is really annoying! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Four is a bit much. lol Ah, I am so glad that I am not the only one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sheer, all right. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous on you!!!!  Such a fun and cheery color!  I could never rock a yellow as well.  I love Tweety!!!  I can't believe you root for Sylvester, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. :)

    Tweety just drives me up the wall. I don't know if it is his voice, his entitled attitude, the way he pronounces certain letters... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! I think he's so cute.  I love his little lisp, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lithp... lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also root for Sylvester! I hate how pop culture can't seem to decide whether to portray Tweety as a boy or a girl, as well. So weird. Anyway, found your swatch because I just picked this polish up for a couple of bucks. Will see what I think of it... may try it layered as I could tell it would be sheer but the flakes looked so pretty~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D