Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Random Stuff Sunday

Hello gentle readers.

I know that you are sick of my whining about cameras. So am I. lol That will end, for now. I have decided, after weeks of trial and fail to return my new camera. It just can't get the job done. I have tried so many settings, combos, macro, no macro, zooming, high ISO, low ISO, sunshine, OttLight, room light, practically no light. Flash, no flash. Nothing can overcome that camera's inherent inability to produce the kind of photographs I need it to produce. I can't get it to stop turning shimmer into spikes and shards, glitter into rocks and holo into asphalt. It isn't the camera's fault. It just isn't what I need so back it goes. I'll just go along with Old Faithful until I have saved enough to pick up a DSLR.

It is true, you get what you pay for. I want quality and I am going to have to pay for it. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Eugenia and Francis. These two ladies shared some valuable tips and tricks to try to help me. I am grateful to you ladies. I learned some new things that I will be able to use in the future. You gals rock. You really do.

Okay, on to Random Stuff Sunday.

I have a particular fondness for a meme creator on Tumbler called Fuck Yeah Beauty Addict Kitty. She takes tongue in cheek digs at beauty, makeup and polish enthusiasts through ideas submitted by her readers. I thought that I would share a few of my faves with you. These images are not owned by me. Click the above link to travel to the creator's Tumblr blog.








I have more of these to share, including a couple of my own submissions. 

Remember, these are tongue in cheek, for fun. ;)

If you like these, you can follow the creator of these memes here. If you on Tumblr and would like to follow my weirdness there, please clickity-click here. I blog and reblog nails, nail art and other fun stuff that catches my fancy. I also post some things that express my political views, which I tend to keep out of this blog. I like this blog to be a happy, neutral zone.

Okay. I am going to have my brekkie. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Hahahha, these are hysterical! I love it.
    Sorry about the camera woes! 
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they fun? I love FYBAK so much. :D When I need a giggle, I can hit my dashboard and get one, thanks to her. 

    Thanks. It'll work out. Until then, my old camera takes decent, if not stellar photos, so it will do for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord, I think I peed a little going through FYBAK!  Oh!  And  I took your advice on cleaning up *while* painting my nails.  I'm a dork - and of course, it worked out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that blog a hoot? I love it. :D 

    Yay!! I am so glad that cleanup while polishing worked for you. I find it to be so much faster and easier, now. It took a little more time at first but I have actually drastically cut my polishing time, since I mastered it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tumblr! People on there are so funny. Memes are wonderful and those are absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol these are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tumblr, too. It is a great mindless time waster. :D Memes are the best fun, evah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't they, tho? I get such a kick out of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are! I though that they were perfect, since they are all about polish. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laughed so hard at the first one! I love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good you can still return the camera if it didn't work for you!
    I was taking nail pics the other day and I had forgotten to turn on the macro setting on the camera. The results were a bit like your "problem pics" you showed here. I let out a couple of bad words until I noticed what was wrong with my shots, and instantly thought of you. You did have macro on, didn't you?
    Thank you for thanking me, and have a great start for your month of May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha!!  Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant, I love the topcoat one, I just wouldn't bother painting if no topcoat, well unless it's an a-england polish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always shoot in macro. I just end up with a big ball of fuzz if I don't. Some people can do it, I can't manage it. lol 

    I did return that camera. I didn't feel it was worth keeping if it wasn't going to do any better, really, than my old one. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right?!?! Not wearing top coat is just wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D