Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Essie Turquoise and Caicos: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a lovely Essie polish to share with you. This is the famous Turquoise and Caicos; a smooth, creamy blue green creme that looks as if you tossed chunks of Sleeping Beauty blue and green turquoise into a blender and added cream, sunlight and soft sea breezes and whirled it all together.

I applied three coats and skipped top coat for this swatch.




I like this colour so much. I could see this cooling off red hot, humid Dog Days, this Summer.

Essie Turquoise and Caicos has a jelly texture that feels creamy, too. Not exactly a hybrid crelly, it is too jelly for that but it is pigmented and can be opaque quickly. I needed three coats to cope with my demon ridges, if you have smooth nails, two would probably do the trick. The formula on this polish is nice. Not the best I have ever encountered, Essie can be a bit hit or miss, for me but this one is respectable. The first coat was a tad streaky but by the time the second coat smoothed up my nails, it was largely opaque and perfectly smooth and streak free. Sadly, as I mentioned earlier, this polish isn't good on uneven surfaces and I needed a third coat. Application was pretty easy, no running, pooling, dragging or glopping. Dry time is respectable, indeed without any bubble nonsense.

Do you own this beautiful polish? How do you like it? If you think that you would care to own it, it is easy to find. I bought my bottle from Amazon, you can also acquire it in stores that sell Essie, from various e-tailers and I imagine, E-Bay. In other words, it isn't hard to find or rare, so don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking that it is or rook you on the price.

Thank you so much for popping in, Have a loverly day and may your polish never bubble.

24 comments:

  1. I got a couple other colors from this collection; of course, I HAVE to have this one now!  I believe I've seen it at    
     CVS and Walgreen's for sure, possibly Target as well.I know this is off-topic, but I finally got and used Lippmann Ray of Light.  I remember you'd made a fraken inspired by that color and named in honor of your sister Rami.  Honestly, yours looked SO MUCH BETTER!  Also, as you've probably heard, ROL is gloopy as all get-out!  Really, the only Lippmann I have (I have around 25, but still!) with a crappy formula; I mean, it is BAD. Plus, the flakies aren't as noticeable as you'd expect them to be.  I just had to share this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good one to own, I adore it. 

    Thank you so much for your kind words, Gena. I don't own the DL original so I can't speak to it's quality but I have read very mixed reviews on that particular polish and many of them weren't terribly complimentary of the formula. I do feel that a sixteen dollar investment should net you an absolutely fabulous formula, without exception. Or a holographic that would blow your eyes out and make angel choirs sing in your ears. :D Can you return the Lippmann? If you aren't happy with it, most retailers, including department stores take returns or will do an exchange so you can have a polish you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this at Target the other day and didn't buy it and now I ask myself WHY????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am asking you WHY?????? ;) You can get it, next time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your description! I do like these sorts of colours for summer and may invest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this polish every time I see it! I really need to pick it up sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why didn't I pick this up again?  Oh yeah, cause I'm an idiot!  Have to get it.  It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, I love this one. I always feel reminded of tropical breezes when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been lusting over this polish for so long but keep buying cheaper brands (l'oreal, essence, picture polish) but none of them look exactly the same. I think I may just have to give in and buy this!! great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love your description! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. :) I like this ind of colour for this time of year, too. 

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a pretty polish. Like some Essies, the formula is a tad squicky but it isn't bad. You should get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee hee. I say that so often, myself. Then I have to go get the polish I passed by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's what I think of, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you. :) This is worth the investment. It is just so beautiful. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why, thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, that's exactly what I'll be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this and I love the colour but I hate the formula.  I always have to use 4 coats for complete coverage :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have trouble with some Essie polishes, too. This one wasn't too problematic for me but I have a couple that are stone bitches to work with. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've wanted this polish for ages and finally gave in and purchased it recently! I love it. I have quite deep ridges on some of my nails but I use two coats of a ridge filler just on those nails before applying colour and that seems to do the trick! It went on smoothly and evenly in two coats for complete coverage :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this one, too. The colour is gorgeous and the formula is really nice. I don't always have good luck with Essie but this is a good one, for me. :) I need to keep trying ridge filler bases, maybe I'll find one that works for me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D