Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dots Can Cover a Number of Sins

Hello gentle readers.

Ever apply polish and it turns out to be such a train wreck that you have two choices; take the polish off or try to cover the horror with nail art. Last week I found myself in that predicament. I had applied China Glaze Aquadelic and China Glaze Fuchsia Fanatic on my ring nails. Well, I don't know if it was the humidity in my sanctuary (I had just taken a long, hot shower and steamed the joint up a bit) or the fact that we had a weather disturbance going through. Whatever the case, my polish, both colours bubbled like crazy.

Yikes! What do do? I wasn't in the mood to clean it off and start all over so I grabbed some other bottles of polish, a dotting tool and went to town. Using my dotting tool I dotted on Aquadelic and Fuchsia Fanatic, to start. Obviously not on their own nails! lol Then I added dots in OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Pure Ice Flirt Alert and Sinful Colors Hazard. I topped everything with Seche Vite. After I used Seche Vite, a lot of the bubbles smoothed out and they were no longer visible, at all. So, it all turned out all right.




I was very unhappy with China Glaze Aquadelic. Not because of the bubbles. All of the polishes I used that day bubbled. You should have seen the bubbles in the blobs of polish that I dipped into for my nail art and then the dots on my nails, too. Yowza. Bubble Fest 2012. I think it was the weather... Anywhoozle, Aquadelic was a frakking pain in my ass! Thick, gluey, gloopy, streaky and just gross. Gah! I rarely want to lob a bottle of China Glaze polish. I sure as hell wanted to let fly with that one, that day. Instead of doing that, I thinned it, shook it up and I am going to do swatches and it, Fuchsia Fanatic and the other Electropop polish I picked up. Hopefully, this time Aquadelic won't be a bubbly assed mess.

Okay. I guess that is about all I have to natter about, right now. Oh, I picked up my China Glaze Prismatic polishes. Oh, boy! Are they ever pretty! I can't wait to swatch them. Thank you for popping in, have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

29 comments:

  1. haha I LOVE the title of your post! The final result looks really good. Sorry to hear that Aquadelic was such a PITA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani! It's so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like a hoot! they are so bright and fun :) I hope Aquadelic behaves better this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out! Hopefully Aquadelic can win you over next time, I love mine! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the bubbles, but the finished mani is great! These dots make me happy to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about that Aquadelic misadventure! But lucky you didn't loose patience, because this mani is fantastic! ;)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dots!  I hope your Aquadelic behaves next time.  I didn't have any problems with mine - it is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just LOVE the colour combinations here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so retro and pretty! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohooo dots! I love all those colors together, they're so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. It was fun to do and to wear. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. I am happy with how my random polish grab came out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope so, too. It is so pretty and I love it. I keep reading about everyone else having perfect bottles of Aquadelic. Maybe I got the mutant freak bottle? lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am freakishly patient. But that polish almost drove me craze. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm so glad. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure it will. I love the colour. I just hope that it behaves better, next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a ton of fun to do and to wear. I really enjoyed this mani. A lot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha ha, such a pretty way to cover your bubbly polishes =)
    I have Aquadelic as well and didn't used it yet. Is it really that bad? I should be happy with my For Audrey then...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yeah-dots, flakies, glitter all cover up a multitude of sins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you. :)

    Don't fear Aquadelic. Apparently, I got the mutant freak bottle of Aquadelic and it hates me. lol All of the other reviews of this polish I have read, it has been perfect and lovely and biddable. So, yeah. I got the mutant freak bottle that hates me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the reminder about bubbles, I'll turn on the a/c before I do my nails tonight.  Ooh, the prismatics are in?  I'll be back..  :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you. I really got a kick out of this mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Prismatics are in at Sally's. Mine has tons of them. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D