Sunday, April 1, 2012

Colour Series: China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Emerald Fitzgerald

Hello gentle readers.

Next up in my Colour Series is China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald. A rich, blackened emerald green shimmer; this polish is like wearing gemstones on your fingertips. This baby is gorgeous, my friends.

This swatch is three coats and top coat.




The formula on Emerald Fitzgerald is, in a word, difficult. This polish wants to be applied quickly and smoothly and it doesn't like to be overworked as it will drag if you try to go back over it after even a short time. I had the best luck with this by applying slightly thicker coats and working fast. The base of this polish is somewhat jelly in a weird way and I experienced some tip pull as it dried, I needed every one of those three coats to get this opaque, smooth and ready for it's closeup. In spite of it's snotty temperament, I like this polish.

Emerald Fitzgerald, should you choose to brave the bitchy for the beautiful is available online at Amazon and from various e-tailers. You should also be able to locate it on e-bay and at the odd beauty supply that carries older collections.

Thank you for coming by. Have a good Sunday and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh this one is definitely my favorite! She is so very pretty. I am in absolute love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous color that I almost picked up because I had wanted it for a while. I ended up getting OPI Cuckoo For This Color! which is apparently a dupe. I didn't know that at the time though, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!  I need to put on some dark colors again!  I've been wearing spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and am not sure I've ever worn it!  I need to purge my Essie and China Glaze

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D