Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Very First China Glaze Polish

Hello gentle readers.

The other day, Steph at Imperfectly Painted did a Saturday Bottle Spam featuring her first polishes when she got into polish in 2008. I thought that was a great idea and decided to steal her idea and modify it a bit. Rather than showing all of my first this brand or that brand all at once, I am going to make this a now and then feature.

Today I am going to share my very first ever bottle of China Glaze. I think that like many lacquer enthusiasts, I started with the famous and fabulous Ruby Pumps. I read so much about this polish by so many women who just loved it but it took me a long time to break down and finally buy it and try it.

What was I waiting for?!?! China Glaze Ruby Pumps is simply spectacular. I started painting that beauty on and fell deeply, irrevocably in love. I have worn this polish many times since I bought it and it remains one of my all time favourite polishes, ever. I feel a little sentimental about the bottle, too. When the level starts to drop, I buy minis around the holidays and I refill my original bottle with minis. That way, I keep it full and never have to toss out that very first bottle I bought.




I am sorry about this photograph. I had to manipulate the high holy hell out of it to get it to show anywhere close to colour accurate. I don't have or use Photoshop, so I had to do my crude editing in Paint. I am growing increasingly frustrated with my camera. It is showing it's age and driving me absolutely batshit crazy. I should get a nice letup in my budget, later this Spring and I should be able to replace it, then. *crosses fingers* Sorry about that. This isn't a rant about my camera. I just couldn't help venting a little.

So, what was your first China Glaze polish? Or any other brand... Perhaps you can do a post to tell us about it? It would be fun to read about everyone's beloved first polishes.

I am going to post a retailer review tomorrow, then I am taking a few days off. Nothing wrong, or anything. I am out of photographs. I just yesterday swatched and shot all of my China Glaze Vintage Vixen polishes to do a Colour Series but my photographs came out looking like dog vomit. Every. Damned. One. of. Them!!! Gah!!! So I have to re swatch and re shoot them. I also have all of my new Sinfuls to swatch and get ready for posting.

I am nearly ready to draw the winner of my giveaway. I am almost finished verifying the entries. I'll pop back in and post that, the moment I do. I should have that up on Thursday or Friday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I have come to the conclusion that Rafflecopter might just become my new best friend. I enjoy doing giveaways but verifying all of the entries and drawing the winner all by hand is a huge undertaking and I am, quite frankly, tired of it. lol I think that I am ready to turn the heavy lifting over to a nice, handy-dandy widget. So this will be my last old school, old fashioned run giveaway!

Okay, I'm out. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

25 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOOOVE Vintage Vixen.  Can't wait to see those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweee I can't remember which was my very first China Glaze... but Ruby Pumps is such an awesome polish! I hate my camera too, & I dont have photoshop either so it kinda sucks. Lately I have been taking pics with my phone shhhh :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great topic!  My first China Glaze was Up All Night, an edgy dark blue.  Then I got Frostbite which is my all-time favorite polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet tried this one, but I have tried the Finger Paints that's similar and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loves me some Ruby Pumps. it's a gorgeous color. That shimmer is breathtaking. I love that you said "widger". I'm not sure if it's a typo, but I like it! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby Pumps is so pretty. It is on my Wishlist, too. Ma favorite China Glaze polish is For Audrey <3, it is also one of my first (and only) 4 polishes from them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love For Audrey, too. It is so pretty. A true classic, if you ask me. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby Pumps is amazing. I love how it dances and sparkles. :D

    Yepper. Total idiot typo. Not surprising. I wasn't paying attention to my spell checker as I was typing and it got past me. I see that I also neglected to capitalize the first word in a sentence. Corrected that, too. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it fun? :) I don't have Up All Night, tho I have been looking at it. I love, love, love Frostbite. It was my first blue polish and my all time fave blue. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly, my camera phone sucks even harder than my camera, so it is no help to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am back to work swatching them. They are getting shot in the sun, this time around. Maybe I'll actually get some usable shots, as very bright light seems to help my old camera focus better. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a slippery slope wonce you start getting CG! I only had about 3 about 4 weeks ago now I have loads form swaps ans buying! Ruby Pumps is great! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a huge red polish lover, but it's a classic China Glaze, so I'm probably going to get it sometime or another. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean. I started out buying one, here and there, next thing you know I am buying collections. lol 

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's one of the prettiest, that is for sure. If you aren't crazy for red but want a Ruby Pumps type polish in another colour, there is Dorothy Who? which is a gorgeous blue glitter, Emerald Sparkled, a stunning green glitter polish. There is also a beautiful purple, I think it's called Good Witch? China Glaze does fantabulous glitters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could remember exactly what my first polish was before I got all obsessed. I know that it was at least China Glaze though :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think Raspberry Festival was my first China Glaze after a 10 year hiatus from polishing (job ruined nails), but Ruby Pumps may have been in the same order. If not it was certainly in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo! I love Raspberry Festival. That glass fleck just slays me. Good choice. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every time I go to buy is at Sally's it's sold out! I honestly can't remember my first one. I was into sheer when I started. But the first one I fell for? OPI I'm not really a waitress. Stunning red! I got a canon elph 310- $200 on amazon. It's decent and you don't have to be a photographer to have nice pics. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's often sold out at my local Sally's, as well. Popular lady, our Ruby Pumps. :D I'm Not Really a Waitress is on my to get list. I will get it, one day. 

    Thank you for the camera recommendation. I am not sure what I want, yet. I am looking, weighing different options against one another, trying to suss out what I need against what I want against what I will be able to (possibly) afford. I have a lot of looking around and shopping around to do. My problem is that I have the heart and soul and the eye of a photographer (not to mention it is in my blood) but the budget and lack of education of a plebe. lol Maybe I need to take a class... :D 

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the tip about re-filling the original regular-sized bottle with minis.  I went to Sally Beauty today and they had the Ruby Pumps minis there on sale for 49 cents!  And they had one other xmas polish left (Holly Day) so I got that for $1.99 - handy for St. Patrick's Day this week.  Yay! 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for deals. I have scored some nice polishes on clearance at Sally's. Glittering Garland will be fabulous for St. Patrick's day. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D