Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Colour Series ~ China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Riveter Rouge

Hello gentle readers.

Colour Series ~ China Glaze Vintage Vixen continues with Riveter Rouge. This polish is a warm rich garnet red shimmer sparked with gold micro glitter. This polish is five kinds of wow. I took photograph after photograph of this because it changed and shifted and went darker and lighter, deeper and brighter, depending on the angle and the amount of light in which it was viewed. It took me forever to narrow down the photos I had to this one.

I applied three coats and topped it with top coat for this swatch. This photograph was shot in full sun.




China Glaze Riveter Rouge is undeniably beautiful. Unfortunately, it is a little bit of a bitch, with it. Some gals are just like that, I suppose. Fantastic to look at, but look out... The formula on Riveter Rouge is a bit thin. I had some difficulty with this polish, it ran, flooded my cuticles on a couple of my nails and pooled here and there. I had to do quite a bit of cleanup and I wasn't terribly happy about that. Especially since the thin formula came with opacity issues and I had to apply three coats. Yeah. Grrr! I will say that I did get the hang of this polish and the second and third coats weren't as problematic for me as the first was. A thinner formula did make this polish a bit better than it's sisters in the dry time department. This one dried in very nice time.

Please don't think that I dislike this polish. I don't. I am now aware of it's eccentricities and am better able to cope with it and won't have to struggle with it so much, next time I wear it. And, yes, I will wear this beauty, again. Hey, I love a beautiful red, as you probably well know. And bitchy it may be. I am a bigger bitch. I can handle it.

China Glaze Riveter Rouge is part of the Vintage Vixen Autumn 2010 Collection. If you think that this lovely colour should be part of your collection, it is pretty easy to get your hot little hands on. I bought my bottle from Amazon. You can also find it at various e-tailers and probably E-Bay, as well. I imagine that the odd beauty supply store may even have this floating around. It isn't rare, hard to find or discontinued, so don't let anyone rook you into paying more than fair asking price for it. The same goes for this entire collection, of course.

Okay. I must get to my day. I have laundry to do, hair to colour, polishes to swatch. I picked up one more of the Hunger Games polishes, a few more of the Electropop colours (can't resist them!) and a new Orly, too. Heh heh. I went in to Sally's telling myself that I was there to buy hair colour supplies. Period. Yeah. Right.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourselves a great day and may your polish never bubble.

15 comments:

  1. It looks just fantastic! I would bear the bad fornula for such beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the formula! Pretty color though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, one of my faves from the collection! Bummer that the formula is a bit thin, I hate flood-y polishes. Oh well, still gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty!  I think I got the blue one like this from that collection.  Your sunshiney photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the gorgeous is worth the hassle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can deal when it is this pretty... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I will tolerate a less than stellar formula for that kind of beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue is coming up. Soon. :D 

    Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this one, probably my favorite one of this collection you've showed us so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :D I love it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I skipped this one because I was afraid it would lean too rusty for me. Your gorgeous pix are making me rethink that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really like this color on you. And I have to tell you that your closing comment, 'may your polish never bubble,' never fails to put a smile on my face! Thank you for the little blessing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is beautiful!! I'm personally not a big red fan, but it still looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D