Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Colour Series ~ China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Hey Doll

Hello gentle readers.

I have decided to run my Colour Series ~ China Glaze Vintage Vixen. I am behind on swatching, again thanks to having had the flu so posting these polishes will give me time to get caught up, again. And, I really want to show off these beauties, so  now's the time. I chose this collection for a Colour Series because it is a little older collection; this one is from Autumn 2010 and it is, in my opinion, one of the prettiest Autumn collections that China Glaze has ever produced.

Let us begin with Hey Doll. This polish is a beautiful, rich cocoa rose shimmer. A colour that isn't boring but it is work appropriate and would hang beautifully in even the most conservative environment while still giving your tips some real pizzazz.

This swatch is three coats and top coat and I shot this photograph in full sun.




The formula on China Glaze Hey Doll is lovely. It is surprisingly smooth for a shimmer, it's base is a bit jelly and it has that somewhat odd slithery, moves by it's self quality that some jelly shimmers can have. In spite of that, this polish goes on smoothly and doesn't drag, pool, flood or bubble. There is a bit of tip pull from this polish, I found that three coats were most effective in minimizing that. Dry time is pretty good, fast dry top coat helps that process to be faster.

What do you think of Hey Doll? Like it? If you are interested in acquiring this beautiful polish, it is available from various e-tailers and Amazon. I imagine that you could also find it on E-Bay, please don't quote me on that one, tho as I never shop there. You might also find this as a dusty at the odd salon or beauty supply.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. Wow this color is a stunner!  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty, isn't it? It is kind of a "you" colour, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a gorgeous Fall shade too. That whole Vixen line was pretty swank. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, very unique! I like this one. It's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swank is a good word for it. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, isn't it? 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I loved that you started with "gentle readers!" It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it. For a brown, it's soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was surprised at how much I like this, especially since I am not a huge fan of brown polish. But I am trying to have a more open mind. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my surprise favorite out of the 6 VV polishes I got. Initially I was disappointed when I saw how brown it was (I E-tail) since I thought it would be rosier, but oh my. I put it on and went to run errands on a sunny day and was dazzled by it. I love that the fine shimmer in it sparks every color of the rainbow in the sun. It's subtle, not flashy, but gorgeous. I currently have a back up bottle in my cart which will make it only the 5th polish I have ever backed up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this one! It's a gorgeous shimmering chocolate wonderland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D