Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

China Glaze Smoke and Ashes: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I am going to make this quick. I have the flu, I am ill, whiny, cranky and for the life of me, I can't seem to form a coherent sentence.

Today's swatch is the third of the China Glaze Colours From the Capitol polishes I recently picked up. This is Smoke and Ashes; a dark greyed blue base packed with emerald green and blue glass fleck. This polish is gorgeous. It is dark and rich and complex and sparkles like nobody's business out in the sun. I applied two coats  for this swatch.




You have to see this one in person to get the full scope of just how truly splendid this polish really is.

The formula on Smoke and Ashes is, like the rest of the polishes I bought from this collection just fantastic. It was smooth and fluid, it flowed off the brush and sat right where I placed it. I had no trouble at all with it wanting to run or pool or drag. There was no bubbling or streaking, either. This polish is, like most deep blues, highly pigmented and it will stain if you neglect to use a good base coat or are careless when removing it. (Ask me how I know these things... ;))

Smoke and Ashes is one of the standouts of the Colours From the Capitol Collection, for me. I love this one. Lots and lots.

Did you pick this beauty up, yet? Think that you might like to? The collection is available in stores and from e-tailers, now.

Okay, time for me to go to bed. I hope that I am still sleeping soundly when this posts in the morning and you read it. This flu is kicking my ass. And I am going to kick my husband's ass for giving it to me. Then, I am going to hunt down the person who gave it to him and thrash them, as well. I hate being sick and I hate germbags. Hell, I hate the world, right now. lol

Thank you for popping in and reading and putting up with my whining. I hope that you are all well and flu free. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

9 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I think I've got pneumonia or something, I'm exhausted and achy all over. But this polish certainly is gorgeous! I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is next up on the block for reviews from me, I'm wearing it right now and I don't like it much at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noes! You poor thing! Sounds as if you have the flu, too. Take care of yourself and feel better, soon. *hug* Personally, I hack up a lung, every time I try to breathe. Good times. lol 

    This polish is gorgeous. My photo didn't do it justice. I should have probably shot it in my lightbox but my camera's focusing issues under artificial light are driving me insane. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not every colour is going to delight everyone. I really do like it, myself. :) And the formula is rocking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will will be feeling better soon!
    This black is lovely with the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. :)

    I like this one, a lot. The shimmer is insane in the sun. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D