Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

China Glaze Sea Spray and Revlon Whimsical... A Match Made in Polish Heaven

Hello gentle readers. How's things?

Today I have a manicure I wore a little bit back. This is a combo of two lovely slightly greyed blue polishes; China Glaze Sea Spray from last Spring's Anchors Away Collection and Revlon Whimsical on my accent nails. Sea Spray is a beautiful, cool greyed blue creme packed with silver-white microshimmer. You don't really see the shimmer indoors, but take your nails out in the sun or under a bright, clean light and whoop, there it is! So pretty So, so, so pretty. I have a serious love for this polish. I lemming'd it for a long time, and was tickeled pink when it was made part of China Glaze's core line.

Revlon Whimsical is a slightly greyed, sheer milky blue jelly with tiny square blue, pink and green glitter, small round silver glitter and large blue and pink hex glitter. The glitter is a tad sparse and I had to place some of the glitter to get a more even application on my nails.

These polishes just look so fabulous together. If I remember correctly, I first saw this combo on another blog but for the life of me I can't remember who's. But I do know that I did not invent this combo. ;) Both of these photos were shot outdoors in the sun.




Just look at Sea Spray! Golly, isn't she pretty?!?!

China Glaze Sea Spray is just a gorgeous formula. I know... I sound like a broken record, don't I? But it's true. So many China Glaze polishes have such perfect formulas and I can't help crowing about them a bit. Application of this polish was dreamy easy, it behaved so beautifully, didn't run or pool or drag or bubble. Dry time was pretty good and, topped with Seche Vite, the wear was good, as well. I wore this mani a full five days before it showed enough tip wear that I felt the need to remove it. That, for me, is almost unprecedented wear!

Revlon Whimsical was a big lemming for me, as well. I searched my local drugstores and finally broke down and ordered if from Ulta. When it arrived, it was missing a bunch of the polish. I should be receiving a replacement bottle very soon. The formula on Whimsical is good, it is fluid and the base is easy to work with and apply smoothly. Unfortunately the glitter doesn't want to cooperate as I feel it should. I really had to go fishing and pat and place most of the larger bits in place, so just four accent nails took me a while to complete. That may have been partly due to the bottle I received... I don't know. I am going to try it, when I receive my replacement bottle and see if that one is any better. I don't mind placing glitter all that much, I kind of expect to have to do it, in fact but it would be nice to not have to work quite so hard for my sparkle. Whimsical dries kind of slowly, my accent nails were a bit thick and were dentable even hours later, even topped with Seche Vite.

Okay, so, do you own these polishes? Wear them together? Please do share.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a good one, everybody and may your polish never bubble.

17 comments:

  1. This looks really lovely! I'm wearing Whimsical right now actually, over Zoya Kristen. I had the same issue as you with the glitter being sparse, and had to do a lot of bottle-shaking, and fishing for the glitter with my brush. It didn't really bother me though, because the end result is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put Whimsical over every nail it's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something PolishedMarch 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

    I actually bought these two at the same time and thought about layering them together, but never did. Definitely have to try that out next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail Designs xoxMarch 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

     I own CG sea spray, but not whimsical. I was never able to find it around me. I agree with you on CG, they have such amazing formulas. It's my favorite brand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I adore Whimsical and it goes so well with Sea Spray! When I used Whimsical I put it over BL Lady Muck, which reminds me a lot of Sea Spray! Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have either of these, but they look really good together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you . 

    ReplyDelete
  9. CG Sea Spray is one of my favorites! A lot from the Anchors Away collection are on my all-time favorites list. It's just such a unique, dreamy shade of blue. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your description. :) The Anchors Away collection was a great one. I have quite a few of the polishes from that one and I love them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic combo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this combo. They were made for each other, so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you. That is what I thought, too. They are just perfect for each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, boy!! i have both of these, i will definitely be sporting this look :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! It's a great look and it will be faaaabulous on you. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D