Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

China Glaze Lux and Lush: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have the next polish in the China Glaze Colours From the Capitol polish that I bought at Sally Beauty Supply. This one is Lux and Lush, a beautiful iridescent shard flakie that shifts gold, green, bronze and even sparks of blue and pink in a slightly milky clear jelly base. This is a topper polish, it couldn't be opaque, unless you were willing to pack and pat on so many coats that it would be an impossible mass on your fingertips. Not an attractive thought. I applied one coat over China Glaze Stone Cold then topped it with Gelous. I like this combo. A lot. The shiny flakies over the dark, cold grey is a fab combo.

I am including one photograph shot in the sun and one in shade. Check it out.






The formula on this polish is about what you would expect for a flakie/shard type of topper. The jelly base is milky in the bottle but applies and dries clear. The flakies apply somewhat unevenly, stroked on with the brush. I had better luck patting them into place. Lux and Lush dries satin matte, if you want shiny, you need a shiny top coat. Dry time is respectable.

There isn't anything groundbreaking or even all that unusual about this polish. There are a lot of the same ilk out there and even in our collections. I didn't really need this one, but I thought that it would be fun to have and I liked the way it looked in the bottle. I may use it from time to time. Meanwhile, it will hang out in my Melmer with it's sisters in this collection.

What say you about Lux and Lush? Think that you might need it? Think that you might just need to collect it? Do tell.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a good one and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty.  I got Lux and Lush but I haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide if I like this one. I find that I have difficulties getting it to lie flat, there are always corners sticking up or something of the like. It's a good idea in theory but in practice, I'm still not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been staring at it in the store, wondering if I should get it and still haven't gotten it.  I still have lots of flakies (7 bottles).  I thought this one is unique because some particles look sharp and jaggedy - which is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll find the right time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny, I didn't have any trouble getting this one to lie well. I have had trouble with other ones, tho. YMMV... So true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I thought... This one looks like shards of metal, on a dark polish like Stone Cold. Very cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.O I LOVE this!! Oh man, it's so pretty!!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D