Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

China Glaze Gothic Lolita: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers  Today's swatch is the final polish from the China Glaze Electropop Collection for Spring that I own. I am not sure if I am going to purchase more of them, or not. The greedy, I-want-it-all! part of me wants more of these polishes, the cheap-cheap-cheap part of me is asking me what's the point. I am not sure at this point who is going to win. I really, really want Dance Baby and Techno and maybe Aquadelic... Sweet Hook...

Check out the swatch of a truly lovely purple polish from this collection. This is Gothic Lolita. This polish is undeniably beautiful; it is a medium purple crelly with a hidden magenta shimmer that likes to hide in normal, indoor light then fire brilliantly in the sun. There are also sparse hits of blue spark, here and there. This polish borders on the magical. It really is lovely. This swatch is two coats, no top coat. Photographs were shot out in sun.





I wish that my camera had been capable of capturing fully just how splendidly lovely this polish really is. 

The formula on this polish is absolutely fabulous. This polish is a crelly, a cross between a creme and a jelly. It is deeply pigmented and has the opacity of a creme and that touch of translucency and juiciness of a jelly. Add the microshimmer and tiny blue glitter sparks that come to life in the sun and you get alchemy. 

Application of Gothic Lolita is about as close to perfect as it gets. This polish flows easily and smoothly off the brush and sits it's self sweetly down where it is placed. It doesn't run, pool, drag or bubble. This polish self levels well so, if like me you tend to paint thicker coats and get things a bit uneven at times, you don't have to worry about how it will come out. Dry time is good for this beauty. 

Gothic Lolita is part of the China Glaze Spring Electropop Collection and is available now wherever China Glaze polish is sold. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. I love this purple <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me, both. It's a stunner. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a purple gal but this one is threatening to change that! Yee doggie, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yepper. It is! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this lilac-colored polish and Techno from this collection and I love both of them.  On the ones you don't have do you have a similar color that has a good formula?  That helps me decide not to get another new polish.  I think your description of this polish is great!  Woot woot! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably do have similar polishes, but that silly part of me that wants more, more, more isn't all that interested in finding them. hee hee. I don't have a match for Techno, and I think that Dance Baby is a bit unique pink. I can always justify new polishes. *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D