Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

China Glaze Electrify: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Okay, am I the only one scratching my head over a gold and red glitter released as part of a Spring collection? While I don't necessarily let the season dictate my polish choices all of the time, I do find it a little funny that this gorgeous tiny gold square and small round red glitter mix polish is headed our way for the warmer months.

Not that I am complaining. I loves me a nice glitter and this one is a good one. Highly reflective and sparkly, this glitter can work as a topper or stand on it's own, paving the nails in dancing light. I did this swatch in both ways. Pinkie, middle and index nails are one coat over China Glaze Agro and ring is three coats to show how it can be (mostly, to get it fully opaque, methinks four coats would be good) opaque and really deliver the goods.




The gold is a little lost against the gold shimmer in Agro, especially out in the sun but I really wanted you to get an eyeful of the sparkle and reflective quality of this glitter. And I thought that it was just so beautiful over the green.

Electrify is an easy glitter to work with. The clear jelly base is smooth and not too thick, not too thin. The glitter distributes easily and smoothly up the nail with simple stroking application. I didn't have to do much patting or placing to get great placement. Dry time is good, this one dries a little satin, so a good top coat is needed. I used Gelous for this swatch.

What say you of China Glaze Electrify? Are you as enamored of glitters as I am? If you are thinking that owning i this is what you need to do, this collection is in wide release, right now. I have seen it at various stores that sell China Glaze, on e-tailer sites and on Amazon.

Thank you so much for coming by and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. i ordered 3/4 of the hunger games collection from nailsupplies.us including electrify and I cannot wait for it to arrive in my letterbox! Especially after seeing your beautiful swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This polish is gorgeous.  I totally adore glitters!  I just got the China Glaze Prismatic Chroma glitter collection (long title!) in the mail yesterday; 15 minutes after I opened the box, Prism (a purple/green/lavender glitter) was on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say their Electropop collection is their spring collection. This one is a movie tie in collection, and they didn't get to dictate the release date on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sparkly! It does look very good on top of Agro, I'd have never thought of that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Electropop is their Spring collection. I merely remarked that I feel that these are unusual colours to be released this time of year. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I like this combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait until Prismatic hits my area. I have a feeling that I am going to love them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful polishes. I hope that you love them. And that they arrive soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very gorgeous. :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think so, too. The sparkle from this glitter is incredible. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are great. I love how different they are. Prettty polish

    ReplyDelete
  12. If уou want to improνe your know-how onlу keep visitіng this sitе and be uρdated with
    the hottest information poѕted here.

    Μy ωebsite augen lasern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D