Saturday, February 4, 2012

Zoya Shawn: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have Zoya Shawn for you. I bought this polish last March during Zoya's St. Patrick's Day promo and for some reason I never got around to swatching it until now. Zoya Shawn is a murky, yellow based green crelly polish. Shiny and somewhat squishy, it reads more jelly than creme. This polish is a tad bit sheer, I needed a full three coats for full opacity. This swatch is shown minus top coat. Yepper. It's that shiny and lovely.

Photographs were shot outdoors in sun and shade.







I used to henna my hair and this colour reminds me of the colour of freshly mixed pure henna paste. 

Zoya Shawn has a lovely formula. It is very smooth and silky and, like most of my favourite polishes, just whispers onto the nail. The viscosity is just about perfect, thick enough to be easily controlled and to sit sweetly down where placed but not so thick that it clumps or clots or drags. This polish is not as intensely pigmented as the colour might suggest; the first coat was pretty sheer and slightly streaky but two more coats built it up to opaque, smooth perfection. This polish dries in nice time and is mad shiny. As I mentioned earlier in this post, this is without top coat. 

How much fabulous can Zoya cram into a tiny glass bottle, I ask you. A lot, judging from this rich green beauty. Zoya Shawn is a beautiful polish, both to look at and to work with. I am glad that I bought this polish and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is on the hunt for a great slightly murky green polish. 

Do you own Zoya Shawn? Love it? Please do tell. 

Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a terrific weekend and may your polish never bubble. 

6 comments:

  1. What an interesting color! I don't think I have anything exactly like this. Murky greens always give me pause, but I must say I am quite intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty green! :) I dont own it, but i sure love it! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've had this polish for more than a year and it is greatly loved by me. I tend to gravitate toward blues and greens more than anything, so Shawn really does it for me ;D 

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does it for me, now. :D It took me a while to learn to love and appreciate murky greens. I didn't always like them. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :) It is worth getting, if you fall for it. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting and rich. I was not a fan of murky greens for a long time but I am learning to appreciate their unique beauty. Now if I could only learn to appreciate brown... lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D