Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wet-N-Wild Megalast Under Your Spell: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I took a day off from posting. I spent the day at the headbanger's ball, hiding in the dark and quiet. Blech. I hate days like that. :P

A while ago, I bought this polish on clearance at CVS. It was fifty percent off so it came in at a little less than a dollar. I am thinking that it was only worth about that, to be honest. Under Your Spell is a blackened jelly base with a dark burgundy shimmer that doesn't much show indoors but fires in the sun. I had to apply three coats to try to get the bottle colour onto my nails. This polish is so shiny that I didn't need top coat.

These photographs were shot out in the sun.






Pretty-ish enough, I suppose. Nothing that fires my imagination. The formula of this polish is nice enough. It behaved well tho it was streaky as hell on the first coat, a little better on the second and was opaque and extremely shiny on the third. There was no dragging, clotting or bubbling. Too bad the brush was the usual Wet-N-Wild crap rat chewed brush. I don't much know about dry time, as I got this off the moment I took my photographs. Meh. I think that this is going in the Get Rid of It box.

I know that I have been bagging on Wet-N-Wild polishes, lately. While I am kind of over the moon for their glitters, their nasty brushes don't matter all that much with glitters, I am kind of tired of battling the bad for their cremes, shimmers and jellies. I think that, unless it is a very special glitter, I am going to pass on Wet-N-Wild for a while. I still have a few hanging around in my untrieds that need a whirl so I am not finished with them, quite yet.

Okay, so... I think that is about it, for this one.

Thank you for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

16 comments:

  1. This is from the line they recently redid right? I I really do appreciate the new formula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great in the sun.  I'm glad your headache has subsided.  Yeah, I get tired of dealing with polishes that just aren't anywhere near as good as other brands.  Then there are others that I love the colors,  formula, brushes, dry-speed, self-leveling, and just have such a pleasant experience with it (but it chips on 3 nails in 2 days).  Hmm, I'm going to go put one of those on next.  Okay, so what color will you wear next?  Ready for neons?  I don't think I've seen a neon on your nails recently - hint, hint :)  

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read this I was thinking "Cool I used to LOVE the Headbanger's ball"  Then I realized you meant a headache migraine! I get those often as well! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!!  Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if anyone would get the reference. heh heh Thank you for your well wishes. My head is back down to a Cat 3 and I can function, again. :D

    I am so sorry that you are a fellow migraineur. It sucks, doesn't it? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll see what I can do. I have some neons just a waiting for swatch time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? Are you in the U.S.? Would you like to have it? If so, e-mail me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this line was recently clearanced out and revamped. I did a review of three polishes from the "new" line. Nice polish. Horrid, horrid brushes. I returned them. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is pretty, especially in direct sun. I have a couple of polishes that are very similar and have much better brushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this color and have not tried it. I picked it up for less than a dollar as well. It looks really cute on you tho! :D

    XOXO,
    Jenny @ Jems From Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moly, this is beautiful! She's a real stunner, I love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I could hаve swоrn I've visited this site before but after looking at a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.

    Regarԁlesѕ, ӏ'm certainly delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarkіng it and cheсking back regulaгly!


    Also visіt my ωebpagе;
    New Bingo Sites

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D