Friday, February 10, 2012

Orly Elspeth's Rose: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a swatch of Orly Elspeth's Rose, a soft, ladylike old rose creme polish that has a very, very fine, hidden silver shimmer. I found this polish at CVS on clearance and, since it was 75% off, I thought I might as well grab it as not. This is not an exciting or unusual colour, I suppose that it could be described as "old lady", "granny", outdated or any of the other disparaging descriptions I commonly hear about colours such as this. I prefer to think of it as soft, ladylike, classic. This kind of shade is work or church appropriate or perfect for those times when one is just in the mood for a gentle, quiet polish. I applied two coats to my middle and index and three on my ring and pinkie to deal with my demon ridges and topped it with top coat.

Photographs shot outdoors in sun.






Orly Elspeth's Rose has a very nice formula. It is thick but not gloopy, easy to apply and very well behaved. I didn't have any trouble with running, poling, clotting, dragging or bubbling. Dry time is halfway decent. This is, overall, a very nice polish.

So, what say you? Do you own this polish? Like it? If you are on the lookout for a polish like this one, you might luck across it at CVS on sale and I know that I have seen it at Sally's and on Amazon.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Love this kind of pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color. I like it a lot. I haven't been able to take care of my nails in a while. Hopefully soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. There's something about it that I think is more special than your run-of-the-mill pink. On another note, who is Elspeth? Should I know this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's granny-esque at all. I like these types of colors sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UmamulherbemvestidaFebruary 11, 2012 at 3:32 AM

    Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to meet my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog...you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Kisses from Brazil

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D