Saturday, February 25, 2012

Essie Cocktail Bling and Orly Twilight

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a lovely polish from Essie. This is part of their Winter 2011 collection. A beautiful, dirty slightly purple toned grey creme polish. This baby is edgy yet so ladylike. It is a shifter and a beguiler. Depending on what light I viewed this polish it was grey or dusty purple. Cocktail Bling looks grey in my photographs, even tones a little blue. I really enjoyed wearing this beauty. And I enjoyed it even more topped with Orly Twilight, a beautiful topper comprised of a barely purple toned clear jelly swimming with silvery microflakies that, in the sun flash and shift blue and pink and silver.



Essie Cocktail Bling


Essie Cocktail Bling and Orly Twilight


And both in the sunshine. Yummmm... Shimmah! Shimmah! 

Essie Cocktail Bling is a beautiful formula and applied like a dream. It flows off the brush as it should, self levels and settles where it is placed. I didn't do much cleanup doing this manicure. I applied two coats then topped with with one coat of Orly Twilight, then Seche Vite. Dry time for both were really good and wear time was decent. I did my right ring finger an injustice and chipped my polish on that nail so I had to change it before I really wanted to.

Do you own either of these polishes? Think that you might? They are both loverly and, if you like grey and dusty purple and microflakies and shimmer, you might really enjoy these.

Thank you for coming by. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

Essie Cocktail Bling was purchased with a gift card provided by Apothica/Skincare Rx in exchange for hosting their link and logo.

17 comments:

  1. lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layering is gorgeous! I only own Orly Twilight, but not the essie color. I wonder if I have anything close to the essie color now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I like the sparkles over grey, very different

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen that Essie color and passed it up, but now I think I need to go find it! And that combo is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I love the combo of these two together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Cocktail Bling and have been meaning to wear it :) though after a solid 6 days wearing Zoya Caitlin I've been seeking brights! Twilight looks lovely, I have had that on my wishlist but never picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have the orly twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cocktail Bling is a beauty. I am also wanting brighter, lighter polish. I am so ready for Spring. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why thank you. :) I think that you should go get it. You'll love it. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that any light grey or soft greyed purple would give a very similar look. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria Elena GollidayFebruary 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM

    ooooo baby oooo baby! i have Twilight, i'm feeling the need to run find Cocktail Bling! i'm going to check my stash for a similar color... i think shimmers make just about every mani so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layering! And that last bottle shot of Twilight looks almost magical! *_* I might just need it even if I just admire it in the bottle occasionally! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D