Friday, February 17, 2012

Colour Series ~ Neon: These Limes Shan't Be Cast Out Into the Snow

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am presenting the penultimate Colour Series ~ Neon post. Say hello to these bright, juicy, great with tequila limes.



Color Club Twiggy. Soft, neon lime green creme. This is two coats with top coat. Please to forgive the oopsie on my index finger. Stupid fibers, anyway. Gah! 


Color Club The Lime Starts Here. This is a true fluorescent highlighter lime green. This jelly is squishy and silky. I applied three coats, four to my ring and pinkie to cope with my ridges. This polish smells like lime, but the scent seems to be dissipating with time. This polish is a year old. I guess that polish scent has a shelf life. Who knew? 


Color Club Glitter Envy. Lime, bordering on emerald green. This jelly has a slight yellow undertone and a strong small square holo glitter presence that my photographs just couldn't adequately show off. This is three coats and top coat. 

Twiggy is a chalky, white based neon creme. This polish can be a bit of a prankster. Thickish coats, smoothly and swiftly applied worked best for me for this swatch. The first coat was really streaky. The second made it opaque but still a tad streaky. Top coat melted and smoothed it beautifully. This polish is more neon in person than in photographs. 

The Lime Starts Here is so jelly and translucent. Squishy and delicious it needs three coats for opacity. I applied a fourth to my ring and pinkie nails to cope with my ridges. This polish starts out sheer and streaky on the first coat. Subsequent coats gets it opaque and smooth as can be. This polish, like most neons dries matte and needs top coat for maximum shine and to bring out that lovely translucent squish. I don't recommend undies for this one. I think that an undercoat would wreck the effect of this polish. Just my opinion, of course... ;)

Glitter Envy is another jelly. Infused with holo glitter, it is the belle of this ball, for sure. I applied three coats and needed every one of them, as this polish is pretty translucent. This polish also dries matte and benefits from top coat. 

So, there you have it, some neon limes. Do you own any of these polishes? They are all pretty easy to find and make a part of your polish family, if they are looking good to you, various e-tailers, random beauty supply stores that carry Color Club, the odd Ross have them and you should be able to find them on Amazon and the Evilest Bay, as well. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

18 comments:

  1. This neon series is really what I need to cheer me up about this winter nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just really love neon polish, haha. So wonderfully obnoxious and bright ;) The Lime Starts Here = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Twiggy, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Twiggy it reminds me of lime sherbert.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice an juicy looking limes! I have the first two but I never found the starry temptress collection and my Ross, hopefully I can find it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really start to like neons, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes are hurting! SO pretty! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you enjoyed this series and it cheered you up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, It is pretty awesome. Sooo squishy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twiggy is lovely, isn't it? Creamy and neon. What a combo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm... Lime Sherbet... *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that you do find it. Starry Temptress is a lovely collection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love neons. Have for a long, long time. When I am in the mood for them, nothing else will do. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shall I pass you some shades? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg greens! such pretty greens! :D  I have glitter Envy, it really is pretty isn't it? I love Twiggy.. I think its a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glitter Envy is gorge! So is Twiggy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHats the link for evilest bay?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evil or Evilest Bay is just a nickname for E-Bay. Just type E-Bay into your search engine, you will get directed to it. :D 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D