Monday, February 6, 2012

China Glaze 108 Degrees: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

How's about something warm to thaw your bones on this chilly February day? How about just about one of the prettiest polishes China Glaze released, last Summer? How's about cranking it all the way up to 108 Degrees? Actually, for an Arizona Girl, 108 degrees isn't really that big a deal. But this hot pink jelly packed with duochrome glass fleck shimmer sure is. Oh, yes, siree. China Glaze 108 Degrees is a beautiful, bright, hot pink that glows pink to orange to blue, even a bit of purple, depending on how strong the light is and the angle at which it is viewed. Good golly, this polish is pretty.

This swatch is three coats with top coat and was shot in my lightbox and out in the sun.





 In my lightbox under my OttLight.




In direct sun.

China Glaze 108 Degrees has a lovely formula. Lovely? Dare I say nearly perfect? Painting this polish on was a pure pleasure. I barely touched my cleanup brush. I did need a full three coats for opacity, as this little stunner is very jelly and the glass fleck doesn't add much opacity. Not that I mind. If a polish is easy to handle a third coat isn't that big an imposition and I am becoming more tolerant of polishes that need a third coat. Now those that need four or five? Yeah. We are going to have to talk about that. 

Dry time for this polish is pretty decent. By the time I got this stuff on, my cuticles oiled and fired off a ton of photographs, this stuff would have been ready to roll, had I been wearing it. Would I buy this polish again, should I run out? In a hot minute. Do I recommend it to my gentle readers? Definitely! This polish was part of the 2011 Summer collection and was sold out for quite a while but China Glaze recently made it a part of their core collection so if you are craving a little hot-cha-cha in the middle of the cold and snowy season, just get yourself to anywhere that sells China Glaze and you should be able to lay your hands on this baby. 

Do you own 108 Degrees? Think that you might have to, now? Am I the only one who is reaching for sunglasses when they look at those photographs? 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a fantabulous day and may your polish never bubble.

7 comments:

  1. I have this polish and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this color. I really love it; and yes, definitely need the sunglasses on for the photos! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own, and LOVE this one! I'm a pink girl through and through, and this one is right up my alley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink polish with blue shimmer! It's awesome, I bet this would be really blinding in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite CG polishes and consequently one of the only bright pinks I own. I even bought a back up bottle! They just do glass flecked jelly polishes so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D