Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Polishes That Rocked my Socks in 2011... Concluded

Hello gentle readers.

Sick of my retrospective, yet? lol Well, take heart. This is the last page. Promise. I wanted to narrow this selection down to just the best ten or twenty but I just couldn't. Then, I tried to rank them by number. Again, epic fail. I am just no damned good at that sort of thing. I know what I like but I hate categorizing. Pigeonholing. It just isn't me. So, this crazy, long, drawn out raggle baggle you see is what you get.

For these swatches, I took some of the photographs in my lightbox and some out in the sun. I fully intended to shoot all of them in my lightbox but a lot of these polishes in this post have to go out in the sun to show them off at their best. I can rest my knee, tomorrow. lol

Okay, so... Gird your loins, this is the really sparkly section of the program. One thing I grok about my taste in polish, after choosing all of the polishes for this retrospective is I like it dark and I like it sparkly. Soft shades and pastels are also well liked but I seem to be really drawn to the darkness and the sparkle.

Before we begin, let me show you something that kinda freaked me out. Today, while swatching my polishes, I was in capris, a short sleeved lightweight knit top and barefoot. The temp was almost seventy, the sun shining brightly. I had several windows open and was airing out my house. On this date, last year, we had this nasty shit all over the place:

 The view out front, down the drive.

Snow sucks.

I am going to stop mucking about, now. Promise. On to the polishes. As with the previous two posts, clicking the polish name will take you on a magical mystery tour to the original swatch/Manicure of the Moment post.







(I don't know what happened... I think I applied too thick and hurried it up a bit too much. :P)




And, last but most certainly not least, we have... Drumroll, please...





I decided to include three photos of this bad boy because it is just dripping in awsomesauce. :D

So, there it is. My way too many, in no particular order, interspersed with way too much random bullshit nattering Polishes That Rocked My Socks in 2011.

Thank you all so very much for stopping by, reading, commenting, following and supporting my blog. 2011 was a lot of fun, around here and that was largely due to all of you. <3 I hope that you all have a happy, healthy, safe and polish filled 2012. Have a terrific day, my friends and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of dazzling polishes!  Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list!! I love snow, hahaha!!  Your writing is awesome and fun to read. XD
    Have an absolutely fantastic new year, and I look forward to reading your posts in 2012!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *applause* Fabulous polish, m'lady! I have quite enjoyed seeing all these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant imagine narrowing down so many, these are all wonderful:-) It must have been fun going through all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my favorites are on here too! I deliberately omitted quite a few ChGs from the list because...well, I seem a bit TOO fangirly but they really had a nice year.  That last OPI...*drools all over the page*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw man-I just LOVE snow-piles and piles of it!! I am digging some of your choices-some are too glittertastic for me-but you knew that didnt you???? You know I love you right?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happily, that snow was last year! This year it is unseasonably warm and sunny. More like March than January. 

    I know that you don't likee the glittah. We all like what we do. That is what I enjoy about different people. Their differences. :D 

    I love you too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OPI DS Original. Gah! My love. lol I don't worry too much about looking fangirly. I am a China Glaze fangirl and I think that anyone who reads here probably groks that. :D China Glaze did have a good year, last year, as my wallet can attest. And, judging from the previews I have seen, I might as well just mail my wallet to them, now because this year is looking really good, too. *sigh* 

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun. And frustrating. You should have seen the pile I started with. I acquired so may awesome polishes, last year and narrowing them down to just three posts was a hard job! lol 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why, thank you. *curtsies* I have quite enjoyed doing these posts. This was my first retrospective and it won't be my last. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that you enjoyed my retrospective. I had a lot of fun doing it. :) I hate snow. Seriously hate it. Blech! Happily, that was last year. This year, it is warm and sunny and I am happy. :D 

    Thank you for your kind words about my writing. *blush* I am looking forward to new polish and posting adventures in the year to come. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. :D

    Happy New Year to you, too! 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D