Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Essie Luxe Effects As Gold As it Gets

Hello gentle readers.

Essie recently released a line of beautiful topper polishes called Luxe Effects. They are glitters and flakies and shimmers that are meant to layer over other polishes. I saw the line in my local Walgreen's and picked up two of them. This is As Gold As it Gets. I wore it over China Glaze Winter Berry and I adored the combination.

Essie As Gold As it Gets is fine gold flakes suspended in a thick jelly base. The flakes look like the gold flakes you will see at the bottom of a gold pan; they are various sizes and spark with an occasional holo like flash. They look very realistic and pretty over any dark polish. I'll have to try this over lighter polishes, too. And maybe with matte, some time. After I buy a new bottle of matte top coat. I wrecked mine. Idiot that I am. lol

This is one coat of Essie As Gold As it Gets over two coats of China Glaze Winter Berry and topped with Seche Vite. These photographs were taken in a mix of indirect sun and OttLight. I really struggled with getting very clear shots that showed the flakes of gold as they really were.











The formula of Essie Luxe Effects As Gold As it Gets is fairly thick but easy enough to work with; the flakes distribute smoothly and easily on the nails. This topper dries fairly quickly to a satin matte. Top Coat is needed to make it smooth and as shiny as one would want it to be. I really need to try this mattified. Yepper.

Have you picked up any of these Luxe Effects toppers? I found them at Walgreen's and they are available anywhere you can buy Essie polishes. Even in drugstores. (Yes, that was intended to sound as bitchy as it did.)

Thank you for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty!!!  I love the combination you chose! :D  I have gone to so many places looking for As Gold as it Gets, but to no avail.  It is soooo beautiful! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only one I felt like I HAD to have, everything else was similar to another layering polish I already had. I didn't even get the flakies one since I have 2010 and HT! I thought I would have to have it, but nooo.
    Hey, there's a santa driving over your page! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg @ Kitschy SuburbiaDecember 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM

    Well, dang it.  Now I need this one.  I haven't needed any of these and now I need this one.  Thanks for that.  LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous combo!!  I have Pure Pearlfection and Shine of the Times.  Love them both, but Pure Pearlfection is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love As Gold As It Gets, it looks like that CND effect that I really wish I could get my hands on but I don't know of anywhere to get CND in a bricks-and-mortar store. So I think I'll have to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up Shine Of Times, because I didn't own any flakies (gasp!) So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have all of these except the pink one-I love your combo here-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to get the pink one. Maybe. :D

    Thank you. I love this combo. Red and gold together make me so happy. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Shine of the Times in my untrieds. I heart flakies. :D

    Thank you. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great topper. CND is not available anywhere around here, as far as I know. I doubt that you would regret getting this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure. *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am debating the pink glitter. I have several, do I really need the Essie one? 

    I did get the flakie and I don't regret it. Nope. Not one bit. A girl can't have too many flakies. :D

    The Santa was fun. He is gone, now. That animation was really dragging my blog down and I got tired of it. I am also sick of this background and header. Time for a new one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. :)

    Have you tried Walgreen's? That is where I found mine. Look around, my Walgreen's puts the Essie polishes in a couple of different spots. They like to spread stuff around. lol 

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYYY I got it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh good. :D Enjoy it. It really is a beauty. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D