Saturday, November 19, 2011

Review: Glitter Gal Dark Purple 3D/Holographic

Hello gentle readers. Happy Saturday to you all. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

Today I have a stunner for your viewing pleasure. May I present Glitter Gal Dark Purple 3D/Holographic.


Ooooo!

Glitter Gal Dark Purple 3d/Holographic is a dark purple highly pigmented purple jelly base packed with rainbow linear holographic effect. This is some right pretty polish. I applied two coats. I shot some photographs without top coat, then I added top coat to see if it would dull the holo at all. You will see the result, in a bit.

First up, my swatches without top coat. I encourage clicking. Seriously. If you are going to get your eyes knocked out by this stuff, might as well do it looking at bigger pictures. :D

These were shot outside in the sun. Take a good look at all of the different colours this baby throws out. And please bear in mind, these were taken with a very old, feeble little digital camera that doesn't have the best resolution in the world. Just imagine what this stuff looks like, in person. Guh!












So, what do you think? Pretty nifty, huh? I'll tell ya, Glitter Gal polishes have some of the best holo I have ever seen. Now, granted, I don't have a huge collection of holos but I have seen many, many photographs of many different holos on the blogs and Glitter Gal is at the front of the pack for holo goodness.

Okay, so I promised photos with top coat. Did the top coat dull the holo? Take a look and you tell me.





I'm thinking no. :D If you like to wear top coat like I like to wear top coat, the holo in Glitter Gal polishes can stand up to it, just fine.

A little about the formula, now. It is, in a word, lovely. Application is dreamy smooth and easy. This polish flows off of the full, round brush and sits it's little self right down where you ask it to. It doesn't run, streak, pool, flood cuticles or catch and drag. No special base is needed; regular old base coat is perfectly good to use with this stuff. It behaves like the sweetest, most butter-wouldn't-melt-in-it's-mouth jelly. 

Dry time for these polishes is respectable. Not flash fast but you won't be kept diddly-daddling around, waiting for your polish to dry. Seche Vite definitely speeds it up a bit. I do want to say, if you want to skip the top coat, you can. This stuff is mad shiny all on it's own. 

If you are drooling like I am drooling, you can get your hands on this beauty here. I read on Llaroew's main page that they are going to be getting bigger bottles of Glitter Gal. Bigger bottles! Yeah, baby! 

Please stay tuned for tomorrow's post when I wrap up my Ozotic/Glitter Gal review series with my personal favourite of the bunch. I love all of these babies but this last one... It is special, to me. I am sure that you can probably guess why. :)

Okay, time for me to motor. Thank you so very much for popping in and spending a little of your Saturday drooling over this polish. (Don't even tell me that there was no drooling involved. I won't believe you. lol) Have yourself a great day and may your polish never bubble. 


The product in this post was sent to me free of charge by the company/PR/retailer for consideration and a fair and honest review. Please see my Disclosure Policy for further details. 

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! The holo effect is ridiculously strong, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous!! I am such a sucker for holos! You are one of my favorite bloggers! You always post BEAUTIFUL swatches and I absolutely LOVE reading your post! So I want to give you the Versatile Blogger Award!

    http://thepolishedpanda.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html


    (I hope you do not consider this link spamming, I know it's annoying for people to post links wanting you to check out there blog, but you already follow mine haha! You really deserve this award! <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  3. my my!!! very stunning indeed! this polish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laura. This one is powerful. Something about the holo and the purple... Gah! So gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog and photos. You don't know how much that means to me. <3

    Thank you for the award, too. And no, I don't consider the comment you left link spamming. That is a link with a purpose.:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Pretty. Glad I could make you drool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessss! Amy Grace is drooling, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kelly. I love this one, too. And another drooler. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! And not dulled by top coat. WIN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D