Tuesday, November 29, 2011

OPI Meep Meep Meep

Hello gentle readers. How's it going? Well? Good.

Today I have a pretty polish to share with you. This is OPI Meep Meep Meep from their Winter/Holiday collection 2011. This is a beautiful deep, blue toned, reddened magenta jelly base that is full of delicate, iridescent floating flakies. The flakies are magical, flashing back in pink, fuchsia, red, even blue sparks, at the right angle. I seriously love this polish. Not only is it pretty, it makes the skin on my pale, old hands look positively creamy.

I took these photographs in my lightbox under my OttLight. Please click to get an eyeful of the flaky goodness and jelly squishyness.


 Check out that pink and fuchsia flash. Heck, those flakies are even shading a little gold/orange toward the bottom of the bottle.

 Ooo! Look at that bottle shot! Mmmm... Flakies... *drool*

 Guh! Be still my heart. 

A little VNL, here. Hey, it's a jelly. And if I remember correctly, two coats. (Forgot to write it down. Or I tossed the paper on which the info was written. *sigh*) My ridges really messed with it, as they do all jellies. Tho I have to give it credit for handling my demonic nails as well as it did. It's a good polish, indeed that can stand up to that task! lol

The formula for this polish is OPI-licious. Smooth and easy to work with. I had no trouble controlling how this polish applied as it flowed off of that fabulous Pro-Wide brush. I had very little cleanup and what I did do was mostly fussbudget refining. Gotta love that. Dry time was good.

My only gripe about this polish is it's relatively short wear time. I wore this polish for two days and it was pretty chewed up when I removed it. Now, granted, I am not particularly delicate with my hands. I do a lot of housework, I type on my computer. A bunch. I subject my nails and polish to a good deal of wear and tear as I go about my day so tip wear and chips are inevitable. However, this pretty polish had significant tip wear by the end of that first day and had some pretty impressive chips by the end of the second day. 

Now, part of that may have been the base and top coat I used, I didn't use my usual China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I decided to give the base and top coats I got in a Color Club collection a whirl. If the lasting power of this polish is any indication, those particular base and top coats were a big fail for me and I will stick to using them for swatching. Perhaps Meep Meep Meep will hold up better with my usual top and bottom coats. We'll see, as I will definitely wear it, again. And again because, even if it isn't all that long lasting, it is danged pretty. And sometimes, that is all that matters. Especially if, like me, you are a frequent polish changer. ;)

Would I buy this polish again? Probably not. I don't see the need to repurchase this shade once I have enjoyed it and it is gone. (Even if, by that time I could find it.) Do I recommend that you grab it if you see it? Definitely. It isn't the longest lasting polish I have ever met, but it is beautiful and well worth owning and wearing. 

Okay, I think I covered everything. Do you own Meep Meep Meep? Do you love it? How is the wear time for you? I would love to know what you think and hear about your experience with this stuff. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourselves a fantastic Tuesday and may your polish never bubble. 

16 comments:

  1. Pretty colour for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love the leaves falling all over your blog! It's gorgeous! So autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! The flakies are so beautiful. I also love the leaves you have on your blog! They're so autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg @ Kitschy SuburbiaNovember 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM

    I really like this polish, but I think I have at least another color that's similar to it.  Bummer on the wear time - hopefully it's a base/top coat issue.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. As pretty as this is, it isn't terribly original. But since I don't have any others that are all that close, it's new to me. :D

    I am hoping it is a base/top coat issue, too. Even if it is the polish, it isn't a total fail. I'll just plan to wear it for a day or so when I do use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flakies are a bit magical, aren't they? :D

    The leaves are so fun and really easy to do. If you guys are interested, I'll post links and a how to. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. If you would like links and a how to, I'll do a quick post on it. It's so easy, even I, the biggest computer idiot on the planet can have leaves in moments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. And I think that this polish will get a lot of use, this season. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That'll be cool! Thanks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The post will be up later, today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to your posts every day. This is one of my absolute favorite blogs! I always look up your swatches first before I buy a polish =) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment on my how to press mineral eyeshadows blog post! I have heard of many people using sillicone but like you said, I feel like glycerin is more eye safe. I have not had any problems using it. Just make sure not to use too much glycerin otherwise it will be tough to pick up color on your brush. If that does happen though and you have leftover eyeshadow...just re-press the eyeshadow adding in more eyeshadow! :)


    This OPI polish is lovely! I am so jealous of the shape and length of your nails! Mine are constantly breaking :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your reply. :) I am definitely going to run a test press with the glycerin. And thanks for the head's up on amount. I don't want "wet" pressed powder shadow. lol

    Thanks, I like this polish, too.

    You are very kind, thank you for your kind words about my nails. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Manda, thank you so much for saying that. It really makes me feel good to know that my blog is helpful and that you and others enjoy it. Awww... <3 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had my nails done with this yesterday.  Still not sure about it as I am not used to reds.  I'm thinking of either adding a stamping design over it or adding some glitter to it. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo! Stamping or glitter would be beautiful over this colour. 

    I am a huge red fan but any time I wear a new to me polish colour, there is a bit of adjustment but I have learned to really love and enjoy colours that I normally wouldn't have. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D