Friday, November 25, 2011

OPI It's My Year

Hello gentle readers.

I figure that a lot of you are presently out snapping up Black Friday deals. But you will be back, eventually. Broke. Stomped on. Flush with your shopping success. In need of a few Advil and a hot bath. And your daily polish fix.

So, here is my contribution to your Thanksgiving/Black Friday recovery.

OPI It's My Year from their Miss Universe Collection. This lovely light purple jelly packed with a duochrome gold glass fleck. I applied two coats for this swatch and used top coat, of course. These shots were fired off in my lightbox under my OttLight.






OPI It's My Year has a lovely formula. It is smooth and jelly and easy to work with. It was a dream to apply, easy to control and I did little cleanup. Dry time is decent, indeed. This really is so pretty, pretty, pretty. The two coats I applied showed a tiny bit of VNL. That doesn't bother me but if you don't like that, a third coat will make it go away.

Do you call this pretty stuff a part of your polish family? Love it? Lust after it? It is available where OPI is sold, if you need it. :D

Thank you for popping in. Have a great rest of your day and may your polish never bubble.

11 comments:

  1. Haha - I'm not going to brave those crazy crowds! A walk at a nearby park is what I'll be doing. Your mani looks so juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful, need to add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I prefer this one to the similar color that was released with a Serena collection, as this one is more purple. One of my favorite colors OPI came out with this year. I love it, and it looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY!! I love that it's equal parts plum and gold. I don't have any of this collection and none of them really jump out to me. I didn't go Black Friday shopping, but I did find a 5-piece Sally Hansen polish set (nail prisms - yay!) at Ross for $6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too pink and happy for me! But I do love the blue swimsuit nailed it from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, DesertNails, this one is juicy and so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nail Designs. It is definitely worth having. I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqui, I don't own Rally Pretty Pink. Yet. I'll have to compare them, when I get it. See how I said when. ;)

    Thank you for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, that gold glass fleck was part of what drove me to get this polish. I loves me some glass fleck! lol

    I don't do Black Friday. I stayed home and swatched polishes and relaxed while the nutty shoppers fought and sprayed each other with pepper spray and bullets. Cripes!

    I have to get to Ross and see if I can score any of the Sally Hansen sets. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D