Monday, November 21, 2011

One Of These Things is Not Like the Others

Hello gentle readers. Do you have that song running through your head, now? Yeah? Well, then. My work here is done. *evil grin*

But really, the purpose of this post is to show a couple of comparisons that were requested by two of my lovely readers. Both comparisons are between green polishes so this will be a very green post. *rimshot* Yeah, I know... Get the hook.

Don't quit your day job, lady.

Where was I? Comparing greens. My first comparison is between two greens from recent China Glaze collections. One is Holly Day from the Let it Snow collection for this Winter/Holiday and the other is Starboard from last Spring's Anchors Away. Holly Day is on my index and ring, two coats. Starboard on my middle and pinkie, three coats. All polishes in these comparisons were topped with top coat and shot in my lightbox with my OttLight.


As you can see, these are both rich, creamy green crelly polishes, shiny and smooth. But that is where the similarities end. Holly Day is darker and a little cooler and Starboard is lighter and warmer.

Next up are Emerald Sparkle from Holiday 2009 (correct me if I am wrong, please?) Love You Snow Much collection and Glittering Garland from this year's Let it Snow. Emerald Sparkle, three coats is on my index and ring, Glittering Garland, two coats on my middle and pinkie.


As you can see these two beautiful, sparkling, shimmering green polishes are not twins, at all. Emerald Sparkle is a cool, clear, true emerald green jelly base packed with cool green small square glitter. This polish is very intensely green and saturated, yet clear, translucent, like it's namesake gemstone. Glittering Garland is also a green jelly base. But this one is greyed a little dirty, a little warmer. The shimmer is a glass fleck with a bit of duochrome. Again, both stunning beauties but not alike.

If you love green polish, you can't go wrong with any of these. These are all beautiful and have their place in any polish collection. All of these polishes have fabulous formulas and are all worth owning.

I hope that I covered everything. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a comment and I will try to answer your questions as best I can. Tomorrow, I think that I am going to show some polishes I picked up from the new Revlon Spice it Up collection that I found in my local Walgreen's over my Birthday Week.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. hard to choose, they both look pretty
    love the layering

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence...I have Starboard on my toes today! LOL I'm glad I picked up Glittering Garland - I have Jolly Holly (which I know you dind't compare here but aren't all that similar - wow...ramble much?) but they're both SO pretty. I've started a love affair with green polish recently and I don't care who knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough green polish! Thanks for the comparisons. I was wondering whether I should get Glimmering Garland since I already have Emerald Sparkle, and now I know that I need both! I'm also going to pick up the Revlon Miseltoe one as well =) Sparkly green polish is my kryptonite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these greens!! I have Starboard so jolly holly is on my list and I have Emerald sparkled-so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, both of these are extremely pretty :)

    I nominated you for the versatile blogger award on my blog! Hope you check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannara, they are all lovely polishes and IMO, worth owning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan, it is funny... I was never a big fan of green... Anything. Much less polish. I got my first green polish; China Glaze Watermelon Rind and fell in love with it and discovered that green isn't so evil, after all. Now, I have a ton of green polishes and am buying more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqui, they are all different enough to own all of them, for sure. :D I have Revlon Mistletoe and it is swatched and in my hard drive. I will be posting it, soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers, if you don't have Jolly Holly, yet it is worth hunting down. If I remember correctly, I last saw it on Amazon. Holly Day is different enough from it to get it, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nail designs, they are. :D

    Thank you so much for the award! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D