Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Comment System

Hello gentle readers. Thank you to those of you who commented and shared your input and experiences and help in my last post. *muah!* I am not a techie type and this is scary for me. lol

What, you might ask? Why, changing my comments system. After input from some of my readers and checking out two popular systems; Disqus and Intense Debate, I decided to give Disqus a whirl. Both systems look about the same and both were supposed to be easy to install and use. I ultimately chose Disqus because some users have experienced losing all of their comments when installing Intense Debate. That wouldn't have been a problem if this were a new blog but since I have some history here, I really didn't want to lose my lovely readers' words.

On my end, Disqus is working smoothly. I am hoping that from your perspective, it is as well. I hope that you can see the approved comments and that you have an easy time of adding a comment. I hope that I am working it right... And that I can continue to do so.

If I set everything up right, on your end, comments go into moderation to be approved... Tho I am not quite sure that this is happening. I think it is? I am so stupid about this stuff and it takes me a while to feel my way around and get the hang of things so please be patient with me while I experience my growing pains with this? I also set it so that people can sign in and comment through their Facebook, Twitter and so forth profiles. Hopefully you are seeing those buttons for your use. *sigh* Please let me know if you have any difficulties. I'll try to figure it out.

Anywhoozle, it might be a little weird, crazy, whatever while I am getting the hang of this. Just wanted to let you know why. lol

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the installation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :D I hope that this is working for my readers as smoothly as it is for me. And that I am doing all of this right. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's working beautifully!  Yay! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking Disqus as well. Well, so far. I hope you do well with it too. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :D I am so glad that it's doing it's job for my readers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kimberly. I am still feeling my way around. I will get the hang of it all, in time. I am like an old dog... Not easy to teach me new tricks. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D