Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello gentle readers. I hope that all of you who celebrate are having a fabulous day. As for those of you who don't? I hope that you are having a fabulous day, as well. <3 (What did you think I was going to say? :P)

I want to tell all of my gentle readers that one of the things I am thankful for, this day are all of you. Without your support, comments and your own blogs that inspire and delight me, I wouldn't have this fun, creative outlet for my frustrated artistic side. I have met and get to correspond with so many lovely ladies through this venue. Ladies of all ages, from many different parts of my country and around the world. I appreciate each and everyone who comes by to read, who takes the time and care to write a thoughtful, insightful comment and actually follows this blog. You all fill my day with gladness.

So, I am heating my oven to begin the dinner preps. First, my son's Dutch apple pie gets baked off. Oops! my oven just beeped. Be right back... Okay, that is in, baking and starting to smell goooood! While I was gone, I did some housework and a little kitchen prep. I am just doing a turkey breast, since it is just the three of us and it doesn't make sense to do a whole bird. The turkey breast will go in just before we take off for the lake. The three of us (hubbie, son and myself) are going for a nice hike to burn off Thanksgiving dinner, beforehand.

Okay, 'nuff nattering. On with the show. Today's polish pretties come to us courtesy of Revlon. (Well not courtesy, exactly, I did buy these... ;)) Three of the Spice it Up collection polishes. This is, if I remember correctly, a LE collection and is out in drugstores, now. I bought three:





Glitz and Glam. A thin, light burgundy jelly packed full of pink small square glitter. This one reminds me a bit of China Glaze Mrs. Clause from their Holiday collection, 2010. Maybe I should do a comparison? This is two coats. It was a little streaky and uneven on the first coat but turned into a perfect, smooth sparkling layer of glittery goodness with the second coat. Top coat made it even better, as it does dry a bit dull. Mama like. :D




Next up is the polish that is, in my opinion, the star of this particular collection. Mistletoe. It appears to be a deep, greyed green packed with gold glass fleck shimmer. But in truth, this polish isn't green. It is a deep, greyed blue jelly packed with gold glass fleck shimmer. It is that gold glass fleck that makes this polish appear green. To add to the fun and awesome that is this polish, the shimmer is a little duochrome and does a delightful shift as you move your hands and the light changes. The formula is a little thin but not watery and it was pretty nice to apply and dried fast. This is two coats with top coat.



And here is Snow Bunny. This is a frost-like sheer white polish. Not "frosty" as in, nasty and brush stroke-y and gross. No, this polish looks like frost stroked onto the nails. It is a sheer white base filled with iridescent shimmer and teeny-tiny flakies of wonderment. As you can see from my photographs, this polish couldn't be opaque if you paid it to be. And it doesn't need to be. Layering is what this pretty was born to do. 

I applied one coat on my pinkie, two on my ring, three on my middle and one coat over Mistletoe on my index. (Please be kind and pretend that my nails aren't stained.) This applies like a dream, dries in a trice and shines like the Winter sun on a layer of frost on the ground. Lovely. 

I am so very pleased with the formula of all of these polishes. In fact, Revlon really seems to be stepping up their game, formula wise. Their newer polishes have consistently better formulas. Makes me wonder if they are reading our blogs? :D Good job, Revlon. Keep up the good work. 

Do you own any of these Winter/Holiday themed pretties? What do you think of them? Are you as pleased with them as I am? Please share. And if you would like to see a comparison with Glitz and Glam and Mrs. Clause, let me know and I will make it happen. 

Thank you for popping in and reading this loooooong entry. If you got through it all, I will pass you a slice of Dutch apple pie. You earned it! lol Have a great rest of your day and for my fellow Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!

And of course, may your polish never bubble. ;)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! I really like the first one(:

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly. I like it, as well. It is sooo much prettier in person. My camera just can't do glitters justice. *sigh*

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these polishes! Very festive! Please compare Glitz and Glam to Mrs. Claus! I have Mrs. Claus and would like to see how these match up! Thanks so much, happy Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving! We don't celebrate it here but I would definitely like a slice of apple pie ;-)
    I really like the first polish, it is exactly the kind of colors that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great Thanksgiving....and I'll trade you a slice of pecan pie for a slice of apple. I like the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mini haul. I also bought Glitz and Glam, I also have a nail polish that's almost a dupe, only a bit darker. I couldn't resist and got it! You have a good taste for nail polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Turkey Day! I like Mistletoe the best out of the 3 - and the frosty white can just be left out (IMO).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very unique 'Mistletoe.' I'm happy to see one that isn't the same ol' same.

    You have gorgeous, almost naked, nails with the Snow Bunny on them. You know I'd be more thankful if mine looked as nice as yours. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such nice nails! i love all the nail polishes u are wearing! I really like your blog, and I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked up Mistletoe but passed on Snow Bunny... you have me reconsidering! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the same ones LOL you must have good taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty Polish, your comparison is coming up, shortly. The swatches are done and in my camera. I need to get them uploaded and edited. :D

    It's my pleasure and thank you for requesting it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, Glitz and Glam is a stunner, for sure. I am glad that you like the swatch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iv2, did you say pecan pie? Guh! I haven't had a slice of a really good pecan pie for years. I loooove that stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bunny Nails, I agree. And I must say that you have good taste in polish as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan, Mistletoe is gorge. Seriously. My photographs didn't do it justice. I think that Snow Bunny is one of those you love it or you hate it kind of polishes. This one, for some reason, made me love it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimberly, Mistletoe is a different one. It isn't green, but blue. The gold shimmer makes it appear green, to the casual eye. It's kind of amazing.

    Thank you so much for your sweet words about my nails. That made me feel good. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so very much, Glitz Glam. You are so kind. And welcome! Thank you for reading and following; I am happy that you are here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura, they are both worth having, IMO. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leanne, I think that we both do. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D