Wednesday, November 23, 2011

China Glaze Ring in the Red and a Comparison With Ruby Pumps

Good Wednesday morning, gentle readers. I hope that all of my fellow Thanksgiving celebrants are about ready. I am getting there. I still have a little last minute shopping to finish up and I need to bake off a couple of pies, tonight. (Hubbs wants pumpkin and son wants Dutch apple.) We aren't doing up a big dealio, this year. It will just be hubbie and son and I. Which is kind of nice. Sometimes a quiet holiday is refreshing and relaxing. Tho I admit, when we do a quiet one, I miss having my house full.

So, today I have the last (possibly for now) of my China Glaze Let it Snow Winter/Holiday Collection polishes to show to you. This is Ring in the Red. I had to order this one from Amazon, as it was completely sold out at my local Sally's and as far as I know, that is the only place I can get China Glaze in my area. Blech. Small towns...

Anyway, China Glaze Ring in the Red is a beautiful, very clean, extremely bright, almost metallic red glitter polish in the same vein as It's Alive from the Hallowe'en Haunting collection and it's sister polish Tinsel Town from this collection. A red jelly base packed with small red glitter and larger red hex sequins. This is beautiful. Utterly shiny and so, so sparkly. It is Christmas ornaments and bright red lights and tinsel all swirled into a blender and smoothed onto your nails.

This is three coats topped with top coat. Oddly, it differs from it's sister polishes in that respect. It's Alive and Tinsel Town only required two coats. Oh well. No big... this is hugely beautiful and I don't mind smoothing on one more easy coat. This polish was photographed in my lightbox under my OttLight.





The formula of this glittery beauty is just as lovely as it's green and silvery twins. Smooth and easy to apply, the glitter spreads dreamy easy, this polish is controllable and I needed little if any cleanup. I did have to apply three coats, this jelly base it a tad more sheer than the others of this type but as I said earlier, this polish is so nice to apply that I don't mind putting on a third coat. Dry time is good for this polish, it definitely wants a good top coat.

This is quite different from all of my other red glitter polishes. I needed another red glitter polish like I needed another hole in my head but I just can't resist them. So, I bought it and love it. :D

While I was playing with this polish, I got curious and I decided that I wanted to see if it was similar to China Glaze Ruby Pumps. So I cleaned it off of my index and ring fingers and applied three coats of Ruby Pumps to those nails.



As you can see, while these are both beautiful, sparkly red jelly based glitter polishes, they are very different. Ruby Pumps is a deeper, true ruby red jelly, cool and clear packed with small, square glitter. Ruby Pumps sparkles and it also dances and scintillates. This polish is one of my top ten faves and it was my very first China Glaze polish and I love, love, love it. Ring in the Red is brighter, cleaner, it looks warmer, next to Ruby Pumps and has that clean, hard, almost metallic look to it. It makes me think of Christmas tree ornaments. Both of these polishes are beautiful in their own, individual way and , in my own not so humble opinion, worth owning.

So, have you acquired Ring in the Red, yet? Do you also own Ruby Pumps? Do you love them both as well as I do?

Thank you so much for coming in and having a read. Have a terrific day, I hope it isn't too crazy for you. Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparison. My local Sally's had mini's of Ruby Pumps as well as Ring in the Red and I debated getting one or the other or both. I ended up with RitR, which I think was a good choice as it's more different from some polishes I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannara, they are both great red glitters. Obviously, I can't choose between them. I have to have them all. *sigh* Such a pig. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are so welcome. I enjoy doing comparison posts, if I have the polishes that someone wants to see. :D

    RItR is a different red glitter, for sure. It has that delicious, metallic, very bright red look that is unique. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nailderella, I absolutely agree with you. I adore both. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through a google search i was doing. i just bought Ruby Pumps then I saw Ring in the Red on another blog and thought I should have got that instead.After reading your review and seeing your pics I'm pretty pleased with the one I have, although I might end up getting the other anyway!I'm following you now, hope you'll stop by my blog sometime if you get chance!Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x
     
    http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amelia. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I really appreciate your support and input. My readers comments feed my blog. :D <3

    Ruby Pumps is a beautiful polish and so worth owning and wearing. I hope that you are enjoying it. Ring in the Red is beautiful, too. It isn't a necessity but if you love red glitters, why not? 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have ruby pumps and always felt like it was a little too dark for my liking but always loved how it was so shiny.. I should try Ring in the Red! Thanks for the review/comparisons :D

    xoxo champagne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like to add Ring in the Red on top of Ruby Pumps. It's so much wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D