Thursday, September 22, 2011

By Request: A Comparison

Hello gentle readers.

I had a request from the lovely Nicole, the owner of Nightly Nails to see a comparison between yesterday's Rimmel Lasting Pro Posh Pink and OPI I'm India Mood For Love. Both polishes are bright, saturated, deep pinks. From memory, I thought that perhaps Posh Pink and I'm India Mood For Love were very similar, if not nearly dupes.

Turns out that my memory is badly flawed. lol I'm India Mood For Love and Posh Pink are both deep, bright pinks but they are two different tones. I'm India Mood For Love is cool, blue based. Posh Pink is warmer, more yellow based. Seen individually, they are both very pink. Seen side by side, I'm India Mood For Love is very pink, pink and Posh Pink looks almost coral.

I did the best I could to capture the difference between these polishes with my poor old camera and my limited knowledge of photo editing. The difference between these polishes is much more apparent in person.

Photographic evidence. By the way, both colours are three coats, no top coat.

 Index and ring: OPI I'm India Mood For Love. Middle and pinkie: Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Posh Pink.
In my lightbox, with my Ott lamp.

 In shade.

 In direct sun.

In direct sun. Two nails, side by side. You can see the difference better, here. 

So, there you have it. A comparison between OPI I'm India Mood For Love and Rimmel Lasting Pro Posh Pink. Two pretty, but quite different pink polishes. If you love bright, deeply saturated pink polish, these are both worth owning. The formula is lovely on both, they both apply nicely, dry in decent time. The Rimmel is opaque in two coats, the OPI in three. If you prefer cool tones, you will probably like OPI I'm India Mood For Love, if warmer tones make you happy, you would probably go for the Rimmel Lasting Pro in Posh Pink. 

I am not wearing polish, at the mo. Just base coat. I am in the throes of swatching purple polishes and I plan to get back to it in just a few. So, no sense on painting my nails up. I think that purple is going to win the October Colour Series poll. But the poll is still open, there is plenty of time to change the game, if you would prefer orange or green. And just think about how funny it would be to see me searching madly through my polish stash, gathering polishes other than purple, swatching and photographing like a crazy woman because, like CNN, I called it too early. 

Thank you so much for popping in and hanging out for a bit. Have a terrific evening and may your polish never bubble. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, cool! Thanks Erika, they are both bright, but definitely different. You're a sweetheart for this in depth comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. I'm glad that it was helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i see. i always pass up that rimmel one bc i think i have that one already.. but i think i need both pinks now...warm and cool. :0D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous! Seriously no topcoat? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nailholic, right? These are both mad shiny polishes. I showed them top coat free, but for a mani I would of course apply top coat. I was raised right and don't go out without it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D