Monday, September 19, 2011

Arrr!!! It Be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Happy talk like a pirate day, me gentle readers. Arrr!

In celebration of this most special day, I have done a little nail-y art. Now, I be warnin' ya, mateys, this is not high art. My painting skills aren't any skills, at all and I didn't have pirate-y stamping plates so... I used stickers and a palm tree stamping image and my imagination to create pirate-esque nails.  Arrr!

 Here's the stuff I used. The stamping plate is BM-70. 

 Base colours. Plus top coat.

 All of my "art". The skulls are Hallowe'en stickers. The black blobs on my thumbs are supposed to be eye patches. lol

A close up of the rest of my nails. I like my ring finger, best. I am proud of how it turned out. I didn't think that I could do it. :D The sparkles on the sand is the pirate's treasure, scattered all over. I don't know how to paint a treasure chest... Arrr! 

Okay, so there you have it. My lame attempt at pirate nail art. It aint fancy, but it was fun to do. :D

If anyone wants a how to on my palm tree on an island nail, give me a shout out in comments and I'll do a post. Trust me, it's super easy. If I can do it, it has to be! lol 

Thank you for sailing in. Have a fabulous Pirate Day and may yer polish not be bubbling. Arrr! 

Ugh! Skunk! Gag! Why do they spray around here? 

Arrr!

29 comments:

  1. It's NOT lame! I love it. It's great to see you having fun with nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...I wonder if my professors will enjoy it if I talk like a pirate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I really like the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I have red and black nails today - does that count for Talk Like a Pirate day? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serious fun! :) Happy pyrat talk day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Nail Stories. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Courtney. It's my fave part. Makes me want to go on vacay. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Megan. :) Yes, I think that red and black nails definitely qualify! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Spitfire! And to you, too. Arrr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, April. And to you, too! Arrr! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so NOT lame! I love them! Way better than any of my free hand nail art attempts lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so sweet, Kelly. Thank you. :) I didn't do much freehand... I stamped the tree and all of the skulls and crossbones are stickers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so good! That island with the palm tree is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Laura. :) I surprised myself with that one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks awesome and perfect for pirate talk day, your ring finger is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that looks awesome! i love the island, your very talented!
    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! I think my favorite is the eyepatch on your thumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Beauxs Mom. I'm so happy that you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Grace. Actually, I think I got lucky. lol I am not an artist. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D