Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. I hope that all of our Eastern Seaboard polish and beauty fanatics are weathering this storm and coming though okay. My thoughts are with you all!

Okay, it is a little late to be posting this, isn't it? I usually get to it earlier in the day but today that just wasn't possible. I was busy, earlier and I didn't even start doing my nails until late afternoon. But I got them done. And, thanks to my new Ott light, got them photographed, too. Yay! For light when there is no sun! Stoopid monsoons! You will not defeat me, anymore!

Okay, I must say, as much as I love my new lamp, there is a definite learning curve and I am going to need to work with it and my camera to find the best angles and settings and so forth. And I really need to haul out my camera's manual and see if there are settings that can help with the problem I have with it washing out my polishes so terribly.

Anywhoozle... The polish I decided to apply this afternoon is China Glaze Flying Dragon. This. Polish. Is. Amazeballs! Red based purple neon packed with magenta shimmer and tiny blue glitter. Gah! *drool* Yeah... That is all I can think of to say. This polish short circuits my brain and all of my descriptive powers. lol I applied two coats (three on my left index, thanks to a piece of fuzz my cleanup brush deposited and I was unable to remove. Stupid fuzz and fibres, anyway!) and topped it with two coats of Seche Vite. Then I grabbed my camera and my lamp and got to shooting.

I manipulated this photo a good bit, trying to get the true colour to show. I got close... But no cigar. This was the best photo of the bunch.

 

As you can see, this is darker, closer to the actual shade, but the tone is off. This purple tones red in person. *sigh* But click it, to see the shimmer and glitter. :D

China Glaze Flying Dragon is a beautiful purple neon polish. It is full of magenta shimmer and tiny blue glitter. The formula is thin, but it isn't runny and I didn't have any trouble with it wanting to flood my cuticles. Like with many neons, this polish doesn't like to be over worked. It starts to dry as it is applied and going back over it will make it drag. I quickly learned to apply this one with lots of polish on the brush. This polish, like most neons dries matte. And it dries fast. This one is a thirsty top coat gobbler and I had to apply two coats of Seche Vite to get it nice and smooth and glossy. Minor, very minor gripe. I love this polish. A lot. 

Do you own Flying Dragon? Think that you just might like to? This polish is widely available and easy to get your hands on. I found mine at my local Sally Beauty where it is part of the core collection. It is also available at various e-tailers, I think I have seen it on Amazon and I imagine it is for sale on E-Bay as well. 

Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a fantastic evening and may your polish never bubble. 

11 comments:

  1. ooooooh droool... yummy color on you.. i think i need more purples now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - the glitter factor is awesome in this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that colour is so gorgeous!! i want it!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flying Dragon is STUNNING! I think it looks great here, really. I'm glad you're having fun with your Ott light! I need to invest in one for the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooooooow, really gorgeous violet polish!!! ;D Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irregardless if some of the cons it has, I think it is a gorgeous color. And you made it look like a star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog via @KimberlyIsHere and I'm so glad I did. I love it! Love your style, love your colours and love your nails - it's so refreshing to find a nail blog that shows NATURAL nails - I keep mine pretty much the same as yours.

    Look forward to reading more of your blog. :))
    xx

    www.beautypassionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite purples ever! The only down side is the need for multiple top coats, like you said.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D