Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. What's shaking?

Today I have a fun, sparkly orange shimmer polish to share with you. This is Wet-N-Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange. I am not loving that name. Sorry... I would rather chew chalk than have to speak that name out loud. Or ever have to type it, again. :P lol Happily, the polish doesn't grate on me like the name does. 9.0.2.1.Orange is a bright, juicy, sheer orange jelly packed with orange and gold shimmer. This polish reminds me of Brach's orange slice candy. Looking at it makes me think about chewing the jelly candy, the crunch of sugar between my teeth, the sharp, clean hit of orange flavour. Great... Now I am craving on orange slice candy.

None for me. Sugar is in my No Fly Zone right now. *sigh*

I applied two coats of 9.0.2.1.Orange (geeze! That name is a pain in the ass to type!) And topped it with Seche Vite. It is still very sheer, I suppose with four or five coats I could have got it to opaque but to be honest with you, I don't mind the sheer quality, I am on good terms with my VNL and anyway, I like how fresh, light and juicy it looks with just two coats. This polish would also be pretty layered over another orange or over red or black.

There was no sun this morning, so I took photos outside, indoors with flash and in my kitchen under the fluorescent light.

 Outdoors in cloudy daylight.

 Indoors with flash.


Under fluorescent light.

Wet-N-Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange (I am going to scream if I have to type that name, again!) is a nice enough formula. Smooth, somewhat thick but not goopy. It applied nicely, stayed where it was placed and dried in pretty good time, too. I can't really complain about this polish. It is good stuff. My only complaint is, of course, the brush. *sigh* 

Wet-N-Wild has stepped up their game in so many areas with their overall product line. Many of their eye shadows are fantastic, I love their gel liner, their polish has come a long, long way both in colour selection and formula. Their black creme polish is a staple in my polish wardrobe. But they can't seem to get it together with their polish brushes. Come on, Wet-N-Wild! You can do better! You know you can. I own some beautiful Wet-N-Wild polishes that I really like but don't wear because the brushes are such a complete train wreck. 

Do you own this polish? Think that you might want to? If so, you should be able to find it at your local drugstore that carried Wet-N-Wild products. I think I paid a buck sixty-nine for this polish in a combo pack with some top coat that I haven't yet tried out at my local Walgreen's. You can also buy it individually. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourselves a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

Did this entry suck as hard as I think it did? lol

6 comments:

  1. I love the shimmer in this polish. I would layer it over a similar orange..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! Looks like Zoya Tanzy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not loving the name either but it does look great on you and is perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bling! Love it! I don't own it, but it reminds me a lot of Zoya Tanzy (I have that one).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D