Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers.

I am determined to get through some of my massive backlog of untried polishes. I am not kidding about the massive thing. Bleargh! I have too, too many unworn polishes. And I am not going to stop buying them so... I guess I will always have a backlog. lol

Today I have Color Club Give Me a Hint from their Spring Alter Ego/Keep It Under Cover collection on my nails. A dusty purple crelly. I applied three coats and topped it with Seche Vite. This is very pretty. I was a tad annoyed by the three coat thing but... I suppose I am going to have to get over it and just accept the fact that some polishes are going to require three coats. *sigh*

These photographs were taken in direct morning sun. My stupid camera washed these out, this colour is darker, in person.



Color Club Give Me a Hint is a smooth, silky crelly that is a tad difficult to deal with at times. The consistency is nice but it needs to be applied fast and smooth or it will clot and streak and drag if you don't. This polish needs three coats to be opaque and smooth. Dry time is decent and since it sits right down where it is placed, there is little cleanup. I just did some fussbudget refining. I like to think that I am getting better at polishing, that it isn't all the polish and cleanup. :D

Overall, I like this polish fine. It isn't a great fave... But it is nice and I will use it, again. This polish is still pretty widely available. You can find it at various e-tailers and at the Color Club website. You might also luck across it at your local Ross. Oh! I have had my best luck scoring Color Club collections when I hit Ross in the middle of the week.

Do you own this polish? Love it? Looking for it? Please do tell. :)

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. I love dusty purples like this, shame Color Club isn't easy to come by here in the UK :( I will have to admire this on you instead!
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour, but like Helly I'm in the UK where Color Club is an endangered species!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a backlog as well and this polish is in it! As of today, I am not buying any more polish as of today (cringe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of shade! And I think it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it...could easily see myself wearing it in cooler weather. Not many places carry Color Club in my area...sometimes Winners (similar to Ross' but in Canada) might get them but its usually months after the collex has been out...and not nearly as cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great on you! It pulled super brown & gross on me, sadly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D