Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Woo Hoo! Pink Wednesday!

Hello gentle readers.

Happy Pink Wednesday. :D

Today I have Revlon Just Tinted in Victorian, a delicately pigmented watermelon pink jelly. From experience I know just how translucent the Just Tinted polishes are so, rather than fight with the inevitable visible nail line (VNL) I decided to enhance it. Under my two coats of Victorian I applied two thin coats of China Glaze White Cap from their Spring Anchors Away collection to just my tips. The white shimmer with a gold glass fleck subtly enhances my white free edges and gives a very subtle sparkle under the polish, just at my tips when the sun hits my nails. I topped this manicure with Seche Vite.

 In direct sun.

 Stupid camera washed this colour out. *sigh* It is a little deeper than pictured, here.

Indoor natural light through my window. Look how squishy! :D

Revlon Just tinted in Victorian is a very translucent jelly, almost a syrup type polish. It is very delicately pigmented and to get to a fully opaque finish, I imagine a minimum of four or five coats would be necessary. It applies easily. Victorian is a little bit thicker than her sisters in this collection, making this polish even easier to work with. It doesn't run or try to flood my cuticles. It is a bit streaky. Even after two coats and a coat of Seche Vite, in macro you can see that is is a little streaky. It isn't obvious in person, tho so it isn't bothering me. More coats would, I imagine banish the streaks altogether. Dry time is pretty fast and this polish dries matte. If you want that delicious, squishy shine, you must apply top coat.

What do you think about the Just Tinted polishes? Do you own some? All of them? Love them? Please do tell.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great afternoon, stay cool and may your polish never bubble.

26 comments:

  1. Why can't I find Just Tinted anywhere?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any gel polishes yet but I'm loving this one. I really need to do some serious polish shopping. I'm just waiting for my nails to recover from the acrylic removal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like! How clever to put White Cap underneath. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barilla, I found them at my local Walgreen's. You could try other drug and discount stores. Heck, they may show up at your local Big Lots, sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Karen. This is a jelly, not a gel polish. Two different animals. ;) :D

    Yeah, growing out acrylic damage takes time. I did it by keeping my nails short, squared off and polishes at all times. The polish helps to strengthen the delicate nails a little and several coats will help smooth them out and make them look better. Dark colours are very chic on nubbins. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Laura. I am enjoying the subtle difference at my tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips, Erika and for the information. I will have to find some jelly polishes to try the next time I'm out shopping.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of using White Cap *under* this super sheer polish! I don't have any of these Just Tinted polishes but I'm wanting them more and more because I'm starting to see them on the blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous :D So squishy & jelly like .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo nice, that looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this color is so pretty,i really like revlon nail polishes...but 4,5 coats??? doesn't it take forever to dry:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these polishes -- too bad they're so hard to find in Hawaii. I think only Walgreen's is carrying them here. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of layering it over White Cap. I'm also thinking of trying to do a Nubar 2010 or glitter sandwich with it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lved your idea of the white tip under the polish. I'm just gonna have to try a french tip at some time, i guess, but i may just copy this idea and put something over it. Nice color on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, genius about White Cap on your tips! Super cute and I LOVE this squishy pink on your nails. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Toyomi. It is super squishy. Just the way I like my jellies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Misso! Long time no see, girl. :D Thank you for your kind words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Benish. I didn't apply four or five coats. Just two. I was speculating that it might take four or five to get this polish perfectly opaque. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, CK.

    Oooo! Flakie sandwich... Smashing idea! I like giltter sammies. Didn't think about one with flakies, tho... :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, IV2. :D

    If you try it, please link me to your picture? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much, Nicole. You are such a sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great layering idea! I haven't tried any of the Just Tinted yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D