Thursday, July 21, 2011

Swatchity-Swatch

Hello gentle readers. Howz tricks? Everyone well?

Today I have a quick swatch to show you. This is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Ice Queen. Yeah... I suppose you can guess why I bought this one. 'Cause I gotta tell ya, not loving it all that much. I had a clone of this one. A glitter polish by N.Y.C. Can't remember the name of the wretched thing. I frankened it. I wasn't all that in love with it, either. It is better in a franken. This one may follow it. I have to tell you, it's only redeeming value is the pretty blue and lavender sequins in it. Too bad they are too frakking sparse to make much of an impression. The nasty, thick, gloppy glitter suspension base makes for not smooth, not terribly shiny.

Yeah. I am just hanging on to it because of the name. Otherwise... Curtains.


Two coats over Wet -n-Wild black creme. Blech. Whatever. 

This is where I usually do my review shtick. I already skewered this one so... My work here is done. :D ^^

Do you own this glitter? Think that you might want to? Or did I scare you off? 

Thank you for popping in. Have a terrific evening and may your polish never bubble. 

13 comments:

  1. I've seen this one but it didn't catch my eye enuf to pick it up. Now I'm glad I didn't. It's not horrible, just not pretty enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the gloopiness... I actually think it looks pretty though. Not sure I would ever use it... i usually don't layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH I hate that. So many glitters on the nails that just don't live up to the bottle. I franken most of these as well. I think I'll be bashing a few polishes on my blog soon...but as long as there are some goodies in between!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own the NYC color its 105A, doesn't say a name. But I never wear it because like you said, the glitter is so sparse. You have to dig them out and place them where you want them. So I passed on this color. I passed on that whole collection actually, nothing popped out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The NYC dupe is Starry Silver Skies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it's a dupe for "Starry Silver Glitter" which costs less lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous :D Love glitter layered over black .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info I own the NYC stray silver glitter so i for sure don't need this especially since it's stinks just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I love it. I used to have the NYC version...used to since I forgot to close it properly and it dried out. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this and the NYC original and like them both--but of course I love to layer so the spareness I can deal with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the NYC one that I just bought. I got it mainly for GITA duping or candy manis. Probably won't wear it much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if you could turn this into a color similar to Deborah Lippmanns Glitter in the Air. How would you do that??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D