Saturday, July 9, 2011

Renovating My Manicure

Hello gentle readers.

My Quench manicure is still looking great, today but I decided to go ahead and renovate it. I was wanting something new without having to remove my existing manicure so I topped it with a coat of Nubar 2010 then I decided to finish it off with Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love.

This look is kinda hawt! The matte top coat over Cult Nails Quench makes the colour look dark, dull and mysterious. The flakies, dulled by the matte top coat look like embers, glowing from deep within a bed of red ash. I have to say, I like it.

In the sun. Look at that glow.


At an angle. My camera didn't capture the beautiful multi chrome shift of the flakies.



In the shade. You can see the colour shifts a little better. You can also see that dull darkness of the base, as well. I love what matting does to this polish. 

Nubar 2010 is a sister polish to Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. It is made up of colour shifting multi chrome flakies in a slightly milky base that goes on and dries clear. The formula is Nubar terrific. It applies dreamy easy, the flakies dispense along the nail evenly and don't clump or leave bare spots. Dry time is excellent. Even faster when topped with a matte top coat.

So, what say you? Hot? Or not? Have you tried a look like this?

Thank you for popping in, stay cool and may your polish never bubble.

17 comments:

  1. Lovely :) Would look great with a black crackle on top, but that would be a lot of layers of nail polish. I sometimes wonder if my hands will get too heavy from all the layers and I'll end up dragging my knuckles along the ground like an ape...
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOT literally! It looks like fire! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 is pure awesome. I have it on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See...this is one of the rare times I actually *like* a matte finish. It does something cool to glitter and flakies. This one is definitely a win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this polish, its absolutely gorgeous! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like embers. Gosh, what a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely hot! It's a fabulous layering combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive been wanting a polish like that soooo bad
    soo pretty!

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap! That is awesome! I'm somewhat speechless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. like it!!!



    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, come and have a look: http://girlnailpolish.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!

    Your haul looks really great.
    If you don't mind please share it with our fashion haul community.
    www.chichaul.com

    Hope to see you around there!
    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favourite combinations. I love it. I have to try it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is certainly hot! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am scared of mattes, looks great on you though

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D