Saturday, July 23, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have for you a bright, pure white polish. OPI Alpine Snow. Two coats topped with Seche Vite to be smooth and opaque. I don't usually wear solid white nails but I like this look. It is very clean and crisp and makes my hands look tan and Summery.

These photographs were taken in sun. The last one in shade. Look how bright and crisp this stuff is.






OPI Alpine Snow is astonishingly lovely polish for a white creme. The formula was really smooth, not gloopy, gummy or stringy. It applied easily and didn't try to run or pool. It was a little streaky on the first coat but smoothed out very nicely on the second coat. There is a little streakiness on a few of my nails thanks to my ridges but unless you invade my space, grab my hand and stick my nails right up under your nose you aren't going to see it. And, if you do those things, you will draw back a bloody stump, making my minor polish streaks the least of your worries. *evil grin*

Topping this polish with Seche Vite killed any under the surface bubbles and smoothed any uneven surfaces. Dry time was halfway decent. I am still flabbergasted at how nice this white creme polish is. My prior experiences with white polishes had just about soured me on them, completely. They were rubbery, gummy, stringy, super, duper streaky and just a nightmare to deal with. If you need a nice white polish for under neons, as a base for nail art, or to just rock crisp, white nails, I can heartily recommend OPI Alpine Snow.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourself a terrific evening, stay cool and may your polish never bubble.

11 comments:

  1. I love Alpine Snow! It took me forever to pick out a white when I needed one but I'm glad I picked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best white I've ever had is Pure Ice Super Star. I don't wear it plain though :) Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this white - so clean and fresh looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this polish! It's my go-to white creme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I run out of China Glaze White on White this will be my next white polish ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great on you. I'll have to try an all white mani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great white!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I've never worn Alpine White by itself. I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a smashing white polish and I really like it. Thank you, everyone for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look really sharp and screams summer against a tan. Usually applying white is such a drag, but your application looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D