Sunday, July 10, 2011

Because I Really Needed More Layers of Shit on My Nails...

Hello gentle readers.

Yep. I decided to renovate my renovated manicure. Today I added a coat of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Ink Splatter. (Black.) The cracks in the crackle look like cracks in a freshly skinned over lava flow with the molten rock glowing through.

I was going to matte this layer, too but as I applied Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love to my right pinkie nail, I loved how it looked while the matte top coat was wet and shiny. It really brought out the fire and glow of the flakies and the red under the crackle. So, I topped everything with a nice coat of Poshe` top coat instead.

This is going to be the last layer and last day for this manicure. If I add any more to my nails, it is going to get ridiculous. lol


This was taken in a tentative ray of sun peeking out through the dark Monsoon clouds covering the sky, here.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourselves a great afternoon. Stay cool and may your polish never bubble.

17 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same thing with the mani I have on now. Sometimes you're wearing a color you just have to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! And your description is right on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it would look great! Love it :)
    Hope your knuckles aren't dragging...
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee heee heee! You said 'shit!' ;P

    I tagged you for a Best Blog award.
    http://tinyurl.com/67f4km7

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really cool how you managed to created so many looks with one manicure! Love how this one turned out too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks neat- and the lava vision you created was spot on!
    I thought crackles usually crackled into smaller pieces though- is it because it's going on polish you've had for a few days, or did you put it on thick to get the larger lava veins?
    Either way, very cool- and I can totally relate to the need to fiddle with a mani ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you can do a crackle coat of white on the tips going the horizontal just to see if it will work. I would be tempted tho. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. thenailholic, sometimes, you just can't help yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, you were totally right. :D Knuckles are not... Surprising enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly, it's my favourite word, girl. *evil grin* Thank you for the award! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Cel. This one just kind of evolved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AngieP, I think that crackle polish is supposed to shatter better. I have a long and sordid history with crackle. It doesn't behave as it is supposed to for me. It does it's own thing. One reason I don't own many of them. lol I did apply a little thick and I like how it came out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. LW, don't you even start! lolol Luckily I don't own a white crackle. I do have gold, tho... :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D