Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stampity-Stamp

Hello gentle readers. I decided to refresh my mani with a quick bit of stamping.

Ha!

Refresh? Quick?

Not!

I grabbed one of my new Bundle Monster plates, black Konad Special Polish and other stuff and got to it. The design came out cute but that is all the good I can say about the entire experience. After I got it all stamped, I let it dry while I cleaned up my mess then topped the design with Seche Vite, oiled the shit out of my poor cuticles and fired off a few photographs.


Konad Special Polish in black is, in my experience an absolute nightmare to use. It makes for deeply black, crisp images on the nail and that is all the good I can say about it. I had, as usual, over stamp. When I went to do cleanup, rather than melting away in front of my cleanup brush and acetone, it melted and smeared all over the place, flooded my cuticles and stained the shit out of my fingers and cuticles. Gah!!! I had to soak Q-Tips and roll the worst of the polish off, then finish with my brush. It was such a nightmare to clean up that I ended up taking off a bunch of my regular polish with it. From now on, I think I will just stamp with regular black polish. It has always worked just fine for me in the past. And not been high, holy hell to clean off when I over stamp.

The mess of cotton rounds and Q-Tips from cleaning as I stamped and when I was done. That shit actually stained my stamper! Blech!

In my personal experience, Konad polishes aren't the stamping wonder that they are made out to be. I really like the white... It stamps brilliant, crisp images where regualr white polish gives a softer, more subtle image. But for other colours and metallics, I really prefer intensely pigmented regular polishes. But remember, this is just my opinion, based on my own use of these particular polishes. I am not in any way saying that they are bad products or telling all of you that you should pass them up. I know that a lot of people have really good results from them and love them. To each her own. :)

Okay, that is about it, from me, right now.

Oh! Have you entered my giveaway yet? If not, please click the link or the pic at the top of my right hand column and enter.

And, speaking of stamping, I added four new, unused fauxnad plates, a stamper and scraper to the goody pile. :D

Okay. Now I am done.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a fab evening and may your polish never bubble.

16 comments:

  1. I love that stamp design! It's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle Woods from Legally Blond (Reese Witherspoon) and Barbie are wishing they had this mani. Haha, FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow that mess at the end @_@ I can imagine why you were so frustrated now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh. I am sure that both would love it. :D

    Yeah, that mess really put me off. Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes ! konnading polish sounds scary. I got some bundle plates in dec for my birthday.. and I still and intimidated...lol...but i love the pink and black shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous but so time consuming ! Looks great though .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up...I won't bother with Konad's black.

    The shoes actually go with your blog background! I love it. You'll have to try it in a Tiffany-shade with black shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the results with Konad black but agree, cleanup is a disaster! Had same staining on skin last time I used it but my cleanup wasn't as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate Konad black so much too! Its so frustrating! I use Wet n' Wild Black Creme instead and find it works just as well without the mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, don't be intimidated! Stamping takes a little practice, but it isn't difficult, in the least. And, once you get the hang of it and develop a good rhythm it is pretty quick and a lot of fun. Break out those plates, your stamper and scraper and get to it. You'll love it. I promise. :D

    Toyomi, Thank you. This one was time consuming, thanks to the terrible time I had cleaning up. Usually, it is pretty quick.

    Barilla, I know, right? :D

    Kimberly, I am going to have to do a For Audrey and black design. That is a great idea. :D

    mrsrexy, it was a nightmare! I'll just use my good old trusty W-n-W black creme, from now on. It works well and doesn't make such a mess!

    Fiona, I have used W-N-W in the past, before I bought the Konad stamping polish. It works just as well and isn't the horror show that the Konad is. Blech! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sounds like a bad stamping experience! Thanks for the warning about the black polish.
    I love the manicure though! I wasn't too keen on this image when I looked at my BM plates but your colour combination had made em change my mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg LOVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    this mani is GORG!

    please check out my blog(:
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. really love your mani! :) stamping is really kinda messy but you'll love the outcome after that,hehe! by the way im a new follwer, i enjoy reading your blog, :)

    visit my blog :)
    http://neelai14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. amzing artwork^^
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D