Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Really Quick-Like Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Happy Saturday. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend. :)

Last night I got to thinking about changing my mani, today so, since I wasn't really all that tired I grabbed my acetone, cotton rounds and foils and soaked off my glitterbomb manicure and slapped on a quick coat of basecoat before I hit the sack. I am so glad I did, now. For some reason I am running super late and if I had had to remove that polish, today I would still be downstairs frittering around. lol

Today I just applied a second coat of Color Club Milky White Basecoat and then I decided to wear Revlon Just Tinted in Dawn. Dawn is a sheer slightly reddish coral jelly. I applied three coats and topped it with Seche Vite.

I took photographs in sun and shade. They are clickable, if you wish.







In shade. Look just how squishalicious! 

Revlon Just Tinted in Dawn is pretty stuff. Like her sister polishes in this collection, this polish is very sheer. I applied three coats and I still have a good deal of VNL. I don't mind VNL but it if drives you buggy, you will want to apply at least four coats or underwear. This polish is a little thin, tho it thickens slightly, as you use it but it isn't runny and it didn't try to bolt on me. It applies smoothly and sits nicely down where you place it. This polish dries satin matte, you must apply topcoat to get the delicious, juicy shine. Dry time for individual coats is quick, but it slows considerably as you apply more coats. 

My polish was still pretty dentable after I shot photographs. So dentable that I was wiping a little dust off my computer screen with a tissue and I ended up transferring a little Seche Vite to my screen. Dangit! That will likely be permanent, since using a chemical to clean it away is out of the question. *sigh* I may be able to slowly, carefully scrape it away with something blunt and soft in time. But I am not counting on it. I feel so stupid. 

So, what do you think about this polish? Do you own it? Love it? Not so much? Know how to get Seche Vite off a laptop screen? :P

Okay. My husband thinks that he should eat and since I promised to make sandwiches, I suppose I should go to it. I just hope I don't kill my mani, it is still a bit soft. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm really liking these. The only one I have so far is Victorian though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! Corals and oranges are really in for summer!!! How do you get your nails to looks so healthy and to that lenghth? Check me out and follow me at: www.paintmeprettyhjc.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these polishes, I bought all 4 while Walgreen's was having a buy one get one half off. I've worn Victorian and loved it, Desire is the next one I will try, I love raspberry polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the squshy juicy-ness this color is gorgeous I want to get all these in this line they are so pretty, don't feel bad about the seche I work with cell phones and I'm pretty sure I've gotten seche on some people phones whoops lol oh well huh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color. It looks great on you. I also really love all these polishes. I can't get enough of the squishy-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty color. I don't have many oranges, I may have to put this one on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I don't particurally care for corals, but this looks amazing on you. And polish on the computer. achh! I've done it before, and I'm sure I'll do it again. The curse of the polish that doesn't dry fast. (to say nothing of the curse of promicing to make sammies:) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love jellies and I love corals so this is a ten for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so pretty^^
    I love the colour..
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D