Saturday, June 25, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Happy Saturday! :D

Today I have Color Club Wicked Sweet from the Spring collection of the same name. This is a beautiful brilliant pool blue with a greeny blue shimmer that fires in the sun. I applied two coats and topped it with Seche Vite. Pretty. Mama like. :)

My stupid camera washed this colour out a bit. It is a little darker, in person. Pics are, as ever, clickable for biggage.







Color Club Wicked Sweet has a pretty respectable formula. Slightly thin but not runny. It sits down where it is placed very nicely. It is a tad streaky on the first coat but it leveled out pretty well on the second. I stopped with two coats and it is still a teensy bit streaky, here and there... I probably should have done a third to really get it perfected. But I was actually pretty happy with how it looked, as was. And it was getting a little late so... Two was good for me.

Unlike some of her sisters in this collection, Wicked Sweet is pretty much fully opaque after only two coats, which I love. The shimmer in this polish makes it a little brushstroke-y but it isn't bad enough to make-a me crazy. The scent is the best of the bunch I have tried, so far. I don't get blueberry, really. It does smell blue, tho. And like spun sugar and vanilla, along with the inevitable polish chemically undertones. This polish dries satin matte, overall dry time is pretty good. I can do a mani with this stuff and get back to my normal life in pretty short order, especially if I use Seche Vite.

All in all, I like this polish a whole lot. In fact, I am really enjoying the entire collection. I have worn three of the seven, now and I am looking forward to trying the rest of them. :)

This collection is part of the prize being offered in my giveaway. Have you entered, yet? :D

Okay. My Lasix is making me need to pee like a racehorse (did you know that racehorses are dosed with Lasix before races? It prevents fluid buildup in their lungs that can slow them down.) and I am hongry and I need to go in search of lunch nosh materials.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific weekend. Stay cool and may your polish never bubble.

13 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. So so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour. It's similar to CG Towel Boy Toy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks dead-on to CC Pure Energy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you all like this colour so much. I am really enjoying it. It is so bright and happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - this color is stunning - just BAM - look at me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Drazzie! :D Did you see my previous one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks GORGEOUS. Fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing soo pretty i love the colour looks gergous..
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D