Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Manicure of the Moment... Happy Summer! And... How'z About a Hot Dog?

Hello gentle readers. Happy Solstice! First day of Summer! I love this day. I love Summer. Yes, I bitch and piss and moan about the heat and humidity and so forth but I really do enjoy the sizzle season.

To celebrate this, the longest, most fun day of the year I decided to apply Color Club I Always Get My Man-Darin from their Wicked Sweet Collection. I thought that the bright, happy orange yellow shade with a white micro shimmer would be perfect to usher in Summer. I applied three coats over base coat and topped it with Seche Vite.

Time for photos. They are clickable, of course.


 In direct sun. 

 See how bright and sunny.

 And have a gander at that lovely shimmer. 

 Eye popping, isn't it? Perfect for the day, I'd say. :D


Gweenies says, "Stop taking pictures of your nails and let me back in the house! I don't do outside. I don't do   hot!"

Color Club I Always Get My Man-Darin is a bright orange yellow neon with a hidden indoors, goes crazy bright outdoors in the sun white micro shimmer. It is a little sheer and streaky, I applied three coats and it is still a little uneven and I still have a little VNL. I don't mind the VNL, as you know but I am not nutzo about the streakies. I suspect that a fourth coat would have evened it out even better but I just didn't have the time to muck around with an extra coat, this morning. I doesn't look bad... Just not as smooth and even as I would prefer. Dry time is decent. It dries satin but top coat makes it all shiny and glossy and pretty and junk. 

This polish is scented. It has a sharp bright, citrus scent mingled with... A turpentine-ish undertone. I like the citrus, I could live without the turps. lol The scent is noticeable but not as strong as was the scent from Yum Gum. It doesn't bother me. But if scented products bother you or you just don't like them, you might want to pass on this collection. 

I am enjoying this colour a lot. Looking at it makes me happy. 

Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a terrific First Day of Summer, stay cool and may your polish never bubble. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm with Gweenies; I don't do hot. Not happily, anyway. :)

    This is a great sunny color; my husband loves colors like this (he does do hot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect colour for the first day of summer! It looks great on you!

    I'm not too much of a fan of the summer heat but I do like everything that comes with it...swimming in the lake, boating, fresh strawberries and field tomatoes, reading in the hammock in the shade of the trees...so while I may complain in the humidity, I tolerate the heat! Thankgoodness for air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an awesome color! So pretty and yellow, yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, comment didn't finish. Pretty and yellow, and somehow creamy! I've never seen a color like this before, but it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this colour and I LOVE SUMMER. I don't complain about heat because I think my body was made for sun. So woo hoo bring on the summer, forever LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog does the same thing! He follows me outside, then gets mad. lol I'm really liking these CC scented polishes. They are all super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a nice bright yellow! It's bright yet it doesn't hurt my eyes. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love the colour soo pretty^^
    I love this one too...
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D