Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Happy Sunday.

I felt like doing a fresh mani and a little nail art but I needed something fast and easy, since I am in the middle of doing laundry. The other day I was reading blogs and I ran across this googly eyes manicure (isn't it too stinking cute? :D) And I decided to do something similar on my nails, today. I mean what could be quicker and easier (and cuter?) than a quick base colour and some dots?

I was loading my towels into my dryer and mentally going over my polish stash, trying to decide what colours I wanted to use when it hit me: Why not black and white? Like cartoon characters in a dark room, where you just see their white eyeballs and black pupils moving around in a deep sea of black.

Thus was born my version of the googly eyes manicure. I used Color Club Milky White Base Coat and a fast coat of Wet-N-Wild black creme polish. I let the polish dry for a minute then I used my largest dotting tool to make the eyeballs with Sinful Colors Snow Me White. I let them dry for a couple of minutes (just so that I could lightly touch them without smearing them) then I used the smaller end of the same dotting tool to dot in the pupils with Wet-N-Wild black creme. I made the pupils go in different directions... Straight on, cross eyed, off to one side or the other and on my thumbs, crazy, spinny eyes. I topped it all off with Seche Vite.

I managed to actually get a couple of clear, pretty well focused shots out of the ten I took of this manicure. The wind is blowing so hard here that it was difficult to shoot without major camera shake. Danged wind, anyway! When was the last time we had a Memorial Day  Weekend with up to 60 mph wind gusts?


Sorry about my huge-ass gaps. Wet-N-Wild black creme is a terrific one coat black creme polish that applies like buttah. Or... It would apply like buttah if not for the vomitrocious brush. It dries fast and I can count on it to do its job, every time. Great polish. Too bad the brush is such a nightmare! I am thinking seriously about decanting this polish into a different bottle with a better brush. The brush was so horrid that I had to stay a mile away from my cuticles or have them flooded. Yuk! Wet-N-Wild has come such a long way with it's polish colours and formulas but their brushes are crap on a stick and that is disappointing. It makes me hesitate to use this brand because I know I am going to have to fight with the brush.

So, have you done googly eyes manicures? Isn't it fun? I have to admit I am enjoying this one. Every time I look down at my nails, I want to giggle like a six year old.

Okay, time to go in search of a quick lunch. Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great Sunday and may your polish never bubble.

29 comments:

  1. love it! I'll have to try this one day! I have on a monarch today! Its awesome! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST try these!!! They are so cute and something you can just do if you're short on time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I can imagine a halloween version with green or yellow instead of white :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a must try...super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute I love how simple it is and still adorable thanks for posting I'm probably going to steal it sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun & simple . I must try !

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute. My son is begging me to do it...can you get dotting tool at Sally's?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do a finger puppet show for us...pleeeeezzze???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much for your kind words about my mani. I am so happy that you like it. :D

    Yes, please do steal it! And post pics when you do and shoot me a URL to it, if necessary. I would love to see your own versions.

    Kimberly, I am so not doing a puppet show. lolol

    Jennifer, yes, you should be able to find dotting tools at Sally Beauty. I have seen them at my local Sally's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! I would love to try that, but my free-hand skills are nonexistent :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo adorable!! I want to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool! I was able to try a googly eyes mani but I used those tiny moving eyes you can buy at craft stores. Yes, this will definitely let you giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Larie, my freehand skills are also nonexistent. Seriously, I couldn't draw a stick figure if my life depended on it. The beauty of this design is it is just dots. Trust me, if I can do this, anyone can. :)

    Thank you, Yasmin, you definitely should. :)

    Rins, I remember that manicure and how much I enjoyed seeing it. I get a kick out of many of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable!!! I will have to try it some day! It kind of reminds me of the little pac-man monsters (you know if they were colorful and zig-zag on the bottom :D)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If that was Facebook, I would totally do LIKE! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute and looks so effective, will defo give this one a try =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh this is sooo adorable XD Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. What did you use to adhere them to your nails? My left-hand painting of my nails suck enough anyway as I'm right-handed so I don't think I could paint a perfect cute little circle, but I would totally use the google eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Allison, I painted the googly eyes with dotting tools and polish. A large dotting tool and white polish, let it dry a minute or two then a smaller dotting tool with black polish for the pupils, let them dry a bit, then top coat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D