Friday, April 15, 2011

Swatchity-Swatch

Hello gentle readers. How was your Friday? Mine was pretty good. I spent a lot of time splashing in my polish. I did a bunch of colour story photos and some comparisons. I still have a few more I want to do and then I have to take all of the bottles lined up in order shots. This is a project. lol But it is a good one. It keeps me busy, distracted and out of the snacks.

So, today I have a swatch I did and photographed a little while back. China Glaze Atlantis. Holy crikey that is one pretty polish. Green jelly with medium holo glitter. Sparkle plenty.






I can't remember how many coats. I think... Three? The formula was very nice. Easy on, easy to work with. I applied this swatch with base and top, if I remember correctly. I really need to write it down when I do swatches. I am taking notes as I do my colour stories and comparisons but sometimes I forget. Then I have to er... all over the place and look like an addlepated nitwit.

So, what do you think of our friend Atlantis, here? Like? Not? Do you own it? Please do share. :)

If you look at the top of my right hand column, I have a couple of giveaways running. If you haven't entered yet, please click the pics and enter. Goodies are to be had.

Okay, I want to read up and see what all you polish addicts are up to. thank you so much for popping in, have a great night and may your polish never bubble.

13 comments:

  1. Love this one - today I bought Suzi loves cowboys from OPI and it's so pretty - like chocolate! I thought of you the whole time I painted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGAWD! I love. i love. i love!!! It's so pretttyyyyy!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour! It is definitely on my list once my no buy ends! Looks great on you & your pictures definitely capture the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks on your nails!
    I have it too but I'm saving it for summer, I think it would look great for the beach :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Atlantis one of my favorite glitter polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to Atlantis, I love it! But I prefer tolay it over opaque green of similar shade to avoid VNL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I was JUST looking at this in my China Glaze drawer and thinking I hadn't worn it in too long, love this color! :) Funny. I lol'ed when I read addlepated, I just never hear anyone say that anymore and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atlantis is one of my absolute favorites. I especially love this lacquer layered over Wet n'Wild Blue Moon. simply mahvelous

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorites, I'm so glad I got this. Looks gorgeous on you, great swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, compliments and feedback.

    I need to try layering Atlantis over dark polish, meeza thinking Orly La Playa, Enchanted Forest. A black jelly... The possibilities are endless! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D